Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bassett Water Jacketed Headers

howard25bullet
    Does anyone have any experience with the Bassett Water Jacketed Headers? Any thoughts on the pros/cons of them other that the high price?
    Seems like it's a great way to ensure you don't back water up into the engine.
    I need new headers this winter and am just starting to look at options. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated. I have a BBC 468 with a tunnel ram.
    Thanks,
    Bill

Are you goin from over transom to tt. Because if you are I can tell you the mistake I made and almost sunk my boat.

BLOWN88FRESNO MINI
    I think they (Bassette) are the least expensive @2650.00 ss water jacketed headers on the market, and I personally think they look the best ! Lightning's @ $3250.00 look and perform real well but are about 600.00 more than the ss Bassette's.

HotDogz
    I have had mine for a few years now and they are still in new condition because SS cleans up nice (corrosion not much of a factor).
    Picked up 300 revs when I put them on plus, when they get hot, they don't get scalding hot (dont emit alot of heat either). If they get scratched, polish em out.
    My cam has 244 deg.@.050 and I am not experiencing reversion at all unlike the logs they replaced.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../DSC015311.JPG

gr16241
    I am using Lightnings and am very happy with them. They don't get that hot maybe because they are powdercoated vs stainless? However, you would be very pleased with the performance.

victorfb
    Are you goin from over transom to tt. Because if you are I can tell you the mistake I made and almost sunk my boat.
    do you mind sharing the story. if it could help someone else it would be nice.

howard25bullet
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I'm hoping they were making them for over the transom but I can't tell for sure from their website. Does anyone know for sure?
    I was thinking of running by their place tomorrow since I'm pretty close to them.

Hotdog nice tri y's that's the first set i've ever seen on a boat. My dumbass move was to convert to tt and not puting any of my dump line into the bungs on the collectors.(the guy i bought em from had em blocked off.) Anyway when the rubber hoses nuked(between tips and headers) I was happy my motor didn't die from there to the harbor or?

HotDogz
    Paul also sent me this pic when I was still on the fence about getting them.
    I think I remember being told the headers would accommodate up to 245 deg of duration before experiencing reversion.
    H2O, thanks for the compliment. In my ugly boat, they were the only bling setting off the boat.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...eaders_012.jpg

supersoaker509
    I have been looking at the Bassett as well
    Bassett...... 3yr Warr., 14ga 316 S.S, collectors angled to fit, 12in tall $4000
    Lightning.. 2yr Warr., 16ga 316 S.S, collectors angled to fit, 12 3/4 tall $3150
    Lightnigs hit my hatch
    Bassett were on the boat since 95 and were steel, past 3yr were in salt water

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast