Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ceramic coated headers

85CARRIBEAN
    Anyone know of a place in the South Bay area where I can take my headers in to get re-goated, or possibly powder coated black?? I don't want to take it to a cheap Earl Schieb place.
    I need a good reasonable place refered to please. If you've had yours done, what did it cost you?? I need an idea. Or, should I just buy new headers and sell them in the SPAM section?....

jetboat
    depends on how old they are,new ones from rewarder will set you back over a grand!.got a pair and after running for a while,buy the time it was put on the trailer and a wipe down,the tips were cool to the touch and the headers were warm.but the alu'm valve covers were HOT.youl love the coating.

IMPATIENT 1
    depends on how old they are,new ones from rewarder will set you back over a grand!.got a pair and after running for a while,buy the time it was put on the trailer and a wipe down,the tips were cool to the touch and the headers were warm.but the alu'm valve covers were HOT.youl love the coating.
    who's that dude you keep telling me about here in okla. steve? got a number, i need to send the 1's i'm runnin next season off to be coated.

GAWnCA
    Anyone know of a place in the South Bay area where I can take my headers in to get re-goated, or possibly powder coated black?? I don't want to take it to a cheap Earl Schieb place.
    I need a good reasonable place refered to please. If you've had yours done, what did it cost you?? I need an idea. Or, should I just buy new headers and sell them in the SPAM section?....
    Why do you want to re-coat them in the first place?

jetboat
    ill go thru my e-mails(thats alot)

85CARRIBEAN
    Why do you want to re-coat them in the first place?
    The ones I have now, are Bassett Twisties w/ceramic coat. But....they're rusted and need some minor welds from the baffles being removed from previous owner. So...If I keep them, i'd like new coating, and spot welded up. Or, just new ones. Can't decide just yet.

jetboat
    ok,its called ''AIRBORN COATINGS'' in ok.city.ph-405 685-4433.it runs about $250 plus shipping.

85CARRIBEAN
    ok,its called ''AIRBORN COATINGS'' in ok.city.ph-405 685-4433.it runs about $250 plus shipping.
    Hahaha...I'm in the South Bay area in California near the LAX airport. Somewhere a bit closer. Thanks

b's sanger
    EMBEE in Santa Ana did mine. Very happy with them.

GAWnCA
    The ones I have now, are Bassett Twisties w/ceramic coat. But....they're rusted and need some minor welds from the baffles being removed from previous owner. So...If I keep them, i'd like new coating, and spot welded up. Or, just new ones. Can't decide just yet.
    If you buy new, rather than coating the whole header, just coat the inside. Here's how it was explained to me.
    You need to clean any oils using alot of carb cleaner.
    The easy way to coat the inside. Tape off all the ports but one and just pour the ceramic inside. Plug off the last port/collector. Swish it all around coating the complete inside. Pour it all back out into a container. Now take a blow dryer and blow dry the inside of the header Over the container as you will blow more ceramic out. Doing it this way your getting a really good coating on the inside.
    Once dry, you can oven bake them at 500* or install them on your boat/motor and just run it.
    I don't know that this will really work but sounds good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast