Thread: BBF low rise dual quad?

thedroid
    What are the pros and cons of a low rise dual quad setup on a bbf (429-460) jet. I know engine hatch clearance is a in the pro column. How does a low rise with a pair of 450 holleys sound for a baseline.

FastRat1
    my 2 cents..why not just go to a good hi-rise and a 750 or 850 dbl pumper?.. and have alot less trouble..there are some good manifolds out there..there are also alot of people in here that can prob answer u better...good luck...Ron

oldphart
    I have a edelbrock single dominater with 1 1150 and am very happy with it

Moneypitt
    A low rise dual 4 set up, with the small carbs you mentioned would work quite well for a boat that can use the low end torque. Driveability with that set up would be cool, and more economical than one big carb, a little harder to dial in, but worth the effort. If you are looking for a high rever, a single, mild high rise may be better, as noted above

thedroid
    My boat is a 78 Glastron Carlson CV 23 and has a full cover over the engine with a sun deck and the whole deal. I just built a pretty stout 429 CJ with 4 bolt mains 11:1 forged flat-tops, Comp 278h extreme marine hydraulic cam. and roller rockers. I need to upgrade from my 750 vac sec carb. It still has the good cast iron cj intake on it but I thiought if I was going to upgrade a dual quad set-up woul not only be cool but get me the flow I need. Does anybody have any input on the Blue Thunder single high-rise.

The Blue Thunder dual plane single 4 bbl. manifold is a copy of the Shelby manifold and it works good. I have one on my 60 Starliner with a 472"[460]BBF. Just make sure you run enough carburator on it to get the full benefit of the large runner volume.

DUCKY
    I have a friend that would gladly trade his low rise dual quad intake (460 Ford) for a good aluminum dual plane to replace it. He doesn't want to screw with the dual carbs, and the boat's not really a hotrod anyways.

ezstriper
    THE PROBLEM WITH THESE LOW RISE DUAL QUAD INTAKES
    THEY ARE ALL OLD TECH, FOR SOMEONE LOOKING FOR 2 CARB LOOKS AND NOT TO CONCERNED WITH PERFORMANCE.
    THE NEWER SINGLE CARB INTAKES WORK MUCH BETTER OR IF A DUAL SET-UP IS WHAT YOU WANT A "STREET TUNNEL
    RAM" SET-UP WORKS WELL ON THESE BOATS THAT RUN IN THE RPM LEVEL MOST OF US RUN IN, ROB....