Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norton/Symantec Sucks!!!!!!!!!

Mardonzi
    I made the mistake of purchasing Norton Internet Security 2008. I installed it and now all I have are issues with Internet explorer.
    So, I call Tech Support,, and can't understand half of what the person I am talking to is saying. I ask for someone I can understand,, sit on hold for 20 minutes, with someone who doesn't have a grasp of the work "supervisor". After telling "Dorothy" for the 10th time that I don't want her to try to help me and not getting a supervisor, I hang up.
    I'm calling back as we speak. It's funny that I purchase and download their product as "insurance" and then get the popups and trojans. Then they "offer" to fix the issues for a nominal fee...
    Nice racket huh?

thatguy
    I made the mistake of purchasing Norton Internet Security 2008. I installed it and now all I have are issues with Internet explorer.
    So, I call Tech Support,, and can't understand half of what the person I am talking to is saying. I ask for someone I can understand,, sit on hold for 20 minutes, with someone who doesn't have a grasp of the work "supervisor". After telling "Dorothy" for the 10th time that I don't want her to try to help me and not getting a supervisor, I hang up.
    I'm calling back as we speak. It's funny that I purchase and download their product as "insurance" and then get the popups and trojans. Then they "offer" to fix the issues for a nominal fee...
    Nice racket huh?
    Uh, Yes.
    Internet Explorer = strike one
    Norton = strike two
    If running windows, go Mozilla Firefox and Kaspersky. (Zone alarm isn't bad either ) Just my .02

gramps
    I have the 2006 version of Norton on this PC and once the subscription is over it's history. I put AVG and Webroot Spysweeper on the other desktop, saved some $$$$ and I think they work just as well.

Cheap Thrills
    El low , owe can ei elp yque to dai .
    I've used Symantec since 98 on literally hundreds of machines and haven't had many issues with it. Issues usually arise from putting it on a system that has been in service a while and is already jacked up. Esp if the machine has had a virus prot. program previously installed that is unrelated to Symantec. Rarely do they ever play nicely together. Even if the former is uninstalled there are still residual registry entries left behind that sometimes cause conflicts.
    Installing any virus protection program on anything but a fresh system load is asking for trouble. Too many registry conflicts with other programs used/unused/ installed uninstalled.
    Sorry you're having trouble.
    Best of luck.
    click (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162242)
    T.

Jbb
    I like AVG...

Cheap Thrills
    I like AVG...
    I haven't heard a single bad word about AVG. People seem to like it.
    My ISP gives THIS (http://shop.ca.com/malware/internet_security_suite.aspx) away free to it's customers and I have had ok results with it. I'm running it on my Dumpsterbaby machine so far no problems but I hardly ever use the machine. None of the other machines I've put it on has come back so I guess it's good.
    T.

Cheap Thrills
    I honestly can't believe that people still use IE, or anything from Norton for that matter. Seriously, there's .5% of the population that has to run IE for work or something of that nature, everybody else should be using Firefox. Firefox and AVG, no problems on five networked computers that haven't been turned off in five years.
    Hell , With all the excellent,FREE (http://www.mandriva.com/), Linux compilations out there I can't believe people are still running Windooze but they do, so I do. Just to stay on top of problems. If it weren't for Windooze I wouldn't make as much money..
    Thank You Microsnot for making such a focked up operating system.
    It's money in my pocket
    Just click go for a face full of More Freebes (http://www.linux.org/dist/list.html)
    T.

Xlration Marine
    Norton, I agree. My spoolscv pops up and takes over the cpu 100 percent. Get a Cisco router and talk to them, if you can. I hang up and ask for some one that can speek "ENGLISH". So I get some one from mexico, well ok spanglish, mines getting better, why is that?? Out sourcing, gotta love it.

Xlration Marine
    If I was a grad student, making $600 a year, I'd consider it.
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Apples are for pie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast