Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Parker 300

DCBDaytona
    Great, great video, thanks. Did they hold up the two ski boats at the start and if so why? Will be looking for the various class winners when posted...
    Both of the WICKED Nordic Ski Race boats broke down...damn blower motors. They were fast as hell though!

DCBDaytona
    Lets not forget the division 6 boats have to wait some 50+ minutes before they get to go, that said, Gary H in "Team Justified" # 17 Schiada only finished 4 laps down !!! in 3rd or 4th overall, he and his co-driver John Franklin put a heck of a show on, especially during the pit/fuel stops !!! looked like a mini- F1 Team, class act !!!
    Congrats to the 555 team, just wait till next year when that gap is reduced to say 30 minutes !!!!
    Was an awesome weekend in Havi & Parker !!
    Scott
    Agreed...I was most impressed with the 21 RC Schiada dubbed "Justified." He was haulin' the mail on every lap! Even with the 50 min. delay of Div. 6, I think if Warpath was still runnin' he would have caught up and won.
    I'm sure if the time spread is dropped to 30min., they'll be another way for the slower guys to exploit it and win. Definitely some great thought put into boat 555's strategy.

motion
    i think the handicaps are pretty close now. i have lap times from every boat that ran and if the fastest boat could have maintained their pace within a 10 percent margin per lap they would have beat the 555 team. the handicap can not be factored to allow for potential breakdowns or unscheduled pit stops. it should continue to be based upon boat potential alone. the 555 boat is 21' and ran a 150hp outboard vs warpath at 1800 hp (awesome) . however, it would not be fair to factor in that 1800hp may blow a drive so we should allow extra time for that? i have to prepare a 2.0 to run 7000 rpm for 4hrs, its not easy, bigger, faster, is always more fun for the viewer but it doesn't mean its better. cost is also a factor, what i did this year could be accomplished by many regular guys that are working on a budget, lots of labor, set up and testing. the classes are fair it just takes lots of prep time and some good luck regardless of what you run. I bet truth be told you could pick a boat from any class take its best lap time and find out it could have won if they could have ran that all day long. thanks again to all the officials, your program is great. joe

slowinhavasu
    Concrats to Kelly, Brian and Joe, and the entire team. Great day of racing, just proves you don't have to be the biggest or the fastest boat on the water.....

bestboys
    http://www.msnusers.com/boatracingHats off to Best Boys Racing GN145 Jim Best, and John Best aka the soft shoe powered by a Duramax Diesel Granpa would be Proud, and to GN140 Skip Ewing and Bob Williams aka Biker Bob... the Spirit of Aero Marine lives on

HowardFlat
    thanks to everyone, it was a fun day and almost everything went perfect. In an endurance race it must go perfect or you have no chance to win, none. The 555 boat ran in div 1., it had a 2.0 powerhead. Set up Set up Set up is what it takes to run good, test test test, no substitutes. thanks to Brian and Kelly and all our family and friends for the days effort we could not have done it without all of you. FYI, my wife is cool with it all now because she collected the purse. Thanks, Joe Havasu Hotlaps
    FYI, the inboard boats are fast, as soon as one of them has a perfect day they will be unbeatable. Special thanks to all the officials who represented the race, you all represented the event with pride and dignity, I was very impressed. Thanks again,
    What happened to you at the beginning? I saw you pull off and fix something?

BigBoyBlue
    I was helping pit/pump fuel for Gary Hairabedian and #17 Justified. It was a great race, and luckily a safe one too. We were on a mission, and failed to take first overall so there was some disappointment, but a first in class and third overall is nice. A replica of the 2005 race for us. I feel bad that the #73 nordic got DQ'd because they did run a very good race. Congratulations to #555 for the win, fast outboard cat. Mike Avila's Warpath was running circles around everyone, but unfortunately broke 2 times. Im not going to state my only complaint about the race, but those that run in difficult DIV 6 probably know what it is.

motion
    great photo riverratmike, where do i get more to purchase? yes we did stop, we had a throttle linkage issue, luckily it was a quick fix we only lost a minute or so, definately did make the heart flutter at first. division 1 does not allow for many mistake, there is no such thing as making up time on the track. if you lift you stop.

bordsmnj
    i think the handicaps are pretty close now. i have lap times from every boat that ran and if the fastest boat could have maintained their pace within a 10 percent margin per lap they would have beat the 555 team. the handicap can not be factored to allow for potential breakdowns or unscheduled pit stops. it should continue to be based upon boat potential alone. the 555 boat is 21' and ran a 150hp outboard vs warpath at 1800 hp (awesome) . however, it would not be fair to factor in that 1800hp may blow a drive so we should allow extra time for that? i have to prepare a 2.0 to run 7000 rpm for 4hrs, its not easy, bigger, faster, is always more fun for the viewer but it doesn't mean its better. cost is also a factor, what i did this year could be accomplished by many regular guys that are working on a budget, lots of labor, set up and testing. the classes are fair it just takes lots of prep time and some good luck regardless of what you run. I bet truth be told you could pick a boat from any class take its best lap time and find out it could have won if they could have ran that all day long. thanks again to all the officials, your program is great. joe
    Congratulations! you guys kicked ass. it was nice meeting you after the race.
    -Jas and Linda

STVBOY
    Congrats Joe, Kelly and Brain you guys looked good out there!I knew it would be the class to beat! Did anything happen to the #48 boat because he did have a pretty decent lead on you guys after the second lap when you guys had the throttle cable issue?Its also to bad that #73 made a class mistake because it would have been a great ending between you guys and #17 boat at the finish if the race wasn't ended early!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast