Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the difference?

milkmoney
    can anyone tell me what the major difference between having a full stringer boat to a half stringer boat as far as draw backs like strenght ride etc.. thanks trying to determine what boat to buy...

Sleeper CP
    This may not be the complete answer but, as far as the strength and integrity of the boat goes and full stringer boat has much more structural integrity. If you are going to be putting a lot of power in it you'll want the full stinger boat.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

milkmoney
    This may not be the complete answer but, as far as the strength and integrity of the boat goes and full stringer boat has much more structural integrity. If you are going to be putting a lot of power in it you'll want the full stinger boat.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    is a 500to 550 hp motor ok in a half stringer boat. thanks for the help

What boat are you lookin at(brand,size,ect)? My tahiti isn't considered a full stringer boat because it has 2 sets of stringers but it's plenty strong.

milkmoney
    What boat are you lookin at(brand,size,ect)? My tahiti isn't considered a full stringer boat because it has 2 sets of stringers but it's plenty strong.
    i am looking at a 18' 1976 hawaiian with 508 cu and it is 500+hp you can see it on dragboat.com. i have alot of pics real nice the guy is really nice also he is 51 so not some young uneducated guy.. that is the one thing i am concerned about and want to make sure its ok thanks for any help...

Any hawaiian experts in the house? What do the stringers that are there look like, I'm curious do they go 1/2 the length of the boat ,1/4 ect? What kind of pump?

El Prosecutor
    I have a Hawaiian so have read up on what I could about them. Old Rigger is the primary source of info, and basically my impression from him is that they were not the best built boats in the world. Mine seems to be built like a tank.
    By the way, the one on Dragboats is a very good looking boat IMHO.

milkmoney
    Any hawaiian experts in the house? What do the stringers that are there look like, I'm curious do they go 1/2 the length of the boat ,1/4 ect? What kind of pump?
    its a berkely pump built by walts and the owner even said that he thinks sanger and eliminator are better built boats ,, he thinks that maybe they are 3rd or 4th in line from his opinion. i am having a hard time finding a good boat at a good price that people will return calss etc and realize what they have mainly junk at a high price thanks again guys all the help is appreciated

Xlration Marine
    Not sure what you have,but. A full length stringer runs from the transom to the bow of the boat. Fallowing the contour of the hull, they should fade into the bow at about the same point as the water line. Depending on weight in the back. Don't jump my shiat its just a for instance guys. My stringers were 14' long in a 20' boat. They keep the bottom from flexing in when you are up and running, like studs in a wall.

milkmoney
    Not sure what you have,but. A full length stringer runs from the transom to the bow of the boat. Fallowing the contour of the hull, they should fade into the bow at about the same point as the water line. Depending on weight in the back. Don't jump my shiat its just a for instance guys. My stringers were 14' long in a 20' boat. They keep the bottom from flexing in when you are up and running, like studs in a wall.
    hey thanks for the info xlration i do understand stringers just trying to figure out if having a 1/2 stringer boat with 500+hp is ok thats all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast