Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hmmmm......

boatsnblondes
    Makes you wonder.....
    A few years ago, residents of New Orleans sought shelter at the super dome...now, residents aslo seek shelter at Qualcomm in San Diego, in the first instance, all hell broke loose, in this, civility reighns supreme....there is a difference, but I dare not touch upon it....anyone else wanna jump into that bottomless void??
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071023/D8SETS4G0.html

Her454
    Makes you wonder.....
    A few years ago, residents of New Orleans sought shelter at the super dome...now, residents aslo seek shelter at Qualcomm in San Diego, in the first instance, all hell broke loose, in this, civility reighns supreme....there is a difference, but I dare not touch upon it....anyone else wanna jump into that bottomless void??
    Funny as I was thinking along the same lines this morning. Scary.

HalletDave
    Makes you wonder.....
    Nope, too short of a fuse to be lighting in order to escape safely.

Mandelon
    Give it time, they've only just gotten there. There is still plenty of time for the situation to degrade into total hell.
    OK, really, I get your inference that race may have something to do with it?
    I would propose that its more of a socioeconomic difference. The evacuated areas are mostly financially well off residents. All the motels and hotels are booked up all of a sudden so they've nowhere else to go.
    I think they will be more grateful for some food and a place to stay updated with all the televisions around. As a group they would unused to entitlements and not expect anything....not a "where's my check" sort of attitude.
    But I would like to see Bilgie photochop the black Heineken guy into some photos of the damaged areas pretty soon....

OKIE-JET
    The old powder keg thread....

ULTRA26 # 1
    Makes you wonder.....
    Probabaly a good idea that you don't. This mess in SoCal is far from over.

westair
    I think the city of San Diego is much more prepared - New Orleans had nothing.
    ............ but the rest of the problems were obvious.

justfloatn
    I think the reporter gave the reasons things are different...
    "The New Orleans evacuees had dragged themselves through floodwaters to get to the Louisiana Superdome in 2005, and once there endured horrific conditions without food, sanitation or law enforcement.
    But these evacuees drove to the expansive parking lots in the San Diego suburbs. The worst that most endured in their exodus was heavy traffic and smoky haze."
    Plus catered food, plenty of water, ability to come and go at will. News is on keeping people informed. It's not like the fire is outside the door. In a nutshell, the fear and panic is not present. Completely different natural disaster.

superdave013
    it will all be good in da hood until the whities ATM cards run out!

RitcheyRch
    Heard women were stopping to get manicures, pedicures, facials and massages before going to the relief centers.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast