Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick Hogan loses sponsorship...update.

beaverretriever
    First off, I feel horrible for the kid that was with him. Thanks to Nick's crappy judgment his friend will need care the rest of his life. Nick is a piece of trash.
    Now it looks as if his parents are funding his crappy driving skills with his own team... The Hogans really need some parenting lessons.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/23/n...e-since-crash/

USCFAN
    That is horrible, I feel for all families affected by such a tragedy.

AZJD
    First off, I feel horrible for the kid that was with him. Thanks to Nick's crappy judgment his friend will need care the rest of his life. Nick is a piece of trash.
    Now it looks as if his parents are funding his crappy driving skills with his own team... The Hogans really need some parenting lessons.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/23/n...e-since-crash/
    I am not going to knock you statement, however you cannot tell me you have never made a bad decision and gotten away with it?
    Shit happens. We have all driven too fast. Hell, some of us have driven too fast while drinking. He was an unfortunate one who has to pay the consequences now. It doesn't make him any different than most of the other teens out driving.

beaverretriever
    Yeah, and Hulk won some kind of "Father of the yr Award"... WTF?

beaverretriever
    I am not going to knock you statement, however you cannot tell me you have never made a bad decision and gotten away with it?
    Shit happens. We have all driven too fast. Hell, some of us have driven too fast while drinking. He was an unfortunate one who has to pay the consequences now. It doesn't make him any different than most of the other teens out driving.
    Of course I have. I was 19 once and had some fast cars. The problem is he has done it more than once and has not had to face the music. Just because he is the son of a star, it gets dismissed and he is driving again. His parents should have cut him off and made him drive a Prius.

AZJD
    The kid drove too fast. How does that make Hogan a bad dad? Did you ever speed? Have you ever drank and drove? Have you ever done drugs? If so does that make your parents bad?
    Every kid has to make these mistakes. Some pay worse than others. Quit being jealous and cut the kid some slack! I meant that in the most joking way. The jealous part.

rivrrts429
    Here ya go. Mother and Fathers foundation
    http://www.gerweck.net/news/1193027340.shtml

rivrrts429
    The kid drove too fast. How does that make Hogan a bad dad? Did you ever speed? Have you ever drank and drove? Have you ever done drugs? If so does that make your parents bad?
    Every kid has to make these mistakes. Some pay worse than others. Quit being jealous and cut the kid some slack! I meant that in the most joking way. The jealous part.
    Speaking for me only. The difference is my dad would've wooped my ass...and did when I needed it He didnt put me right back in the "saddle", I would've been speaking to teens about the dangers of street racing. Just my .02

beaverretriever
    Because the parents don't condone his actions. If I was Hulk, the kid wouldn't get shit. I sure as hell wouldn't sponsor his crappy driving skills. I would cut off his toys. Like I said, he has done this more than once. It shows his parents are not parenting.
    Actually, I have NEVER done drugs. I have driven drunk. Many yrs ago and it was a mistake that should, and will never happen again. Lucky for me I didn't kill anyone or cause injury.
    Have I made mistakes in the past? Sure, but my parents didn't go start me a race team either when I screwed up.
    I honestly don't know how you can defend this kid. He is a tool that shouldn't even have a license. He broke enough laws that would put the average person without license for yrs.

AZJD
    Speaking for me only. The difference is my dad would've wooped my ass...and did when I needed it He didnt put me right back in the "saddle", I would've been speaking to teens about the dangers of street racing. Just my .02
    The flip side of that is we only see the picture painted by the media, or the way it is spun by producers on MTV. We don't really know what consequences he faced.
    I know I have done a hundred stupid thing and gotten away with them and just think that it is unfortunate. We never hear about this stuff when it isn't a celebrity. It happens much more often than we would like to admit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast