Thread: boat apprasals

delemorte
    My insurance company wants me to get an apprasal done before they will cover her. Besides going to a boat show room any other suggestions on getting this done and what its gonna run me?

Havasu1986
    I think there called boat surveyors. Where is the boat at. ??

delemorte
    I am in Charlotte NC. Sorry my post left the front page so fast i forgot to go back and look.... PM me if you know any one in my area.
    thanks.

pw_Tony
    Being an appraiser myself the best advice is to go on boat trader online and find out what similar boats are going for. Blue book isn't close usually.

delemorte
    Being an appraiser myself the best advice is to go on boat trader online and find out what similar boats are going for. Blue book isn't close usually.
    Well i have an idea of what it is worth or at least what it woudl prolly cost me to replace it but my insurance company wants a direct quote from someone.

Jordy
    They probably want one from some kind of accredited surveyor. This is what you're most likely looking for:
    http://www.marinesurvey.org/nc.html

DeltaSigBoater
    My insurance company wants me to get an apprasal done before they will cover her. Besides going to a boat show room any other suggestions on getting this done and what its gonna run me?
    I am in Charlotte NC. Sorry my post left the front page so fast i forgot to go back and look.... PM me if you know any one in my area.
    thanks.
    Not in your area, but be glad to help... send me some info about your boat (year, make, model, engines, etc.) & I'll get back to in an hour or so!

Havasu Hangin'
    Most surveyors charge by the foot, and I think it depends on where you live. I believe I paid around $10/foot for my last one.

dirty old man
    Marine Surveyor (in the yellow pages)

delemorte
    They probably want one from some kind of accredited surveyor. This is what you're most likely looking for:
    http://www.marinesurvey.org/nc.html
    Good link. thanks!!!
    Not in your area, but be glad to help... send me some info about your boat (year, make, model, engines, etc.) & I'll get back to in an hour or so!
    Check your PM's.
    thanks.