Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Nordic Thor 27 525 REVIEWS

BOBALOO
    Not arguing, but I still find it hard to believe, but that is great if true closed bow or not. Must be running a real big prop and it must be a slug out of the hole and not have much mid-range pop. I would like to see it in person run that.
    Mike
    If you look closely it says it runs 92 MPG

OCM
    Well this is ***boat! If you have the time to fly into PDX,Ill take you on a demo. If the boat does not ran 92mph or better.I will refund your airfair , and give you $500.00 cash for your time.
    OREGONCUSTOMMARINE.COM
    503-531-9300

shippingguy
    Hater.....
    Yours would run in the teens if it was a closed bow
    Very funny buddy. No it would actually run the same. Mine may still even be a tad quicker than the closed bow 27's believe it or not:idea:

shippingguy
    Well this is ***boat! If you have the time to fly into PDX,Ill take you on a demo. If the boat does not ran 92mph or better.I will refund your airfair , and give you $500.00 cash for your time.
    OREGONCUSTOMMARINE.COM
    503-531-9300
    Thank you for the offer, but I would not have time to do that. I am not hating I actually really like the 27 Thor, but when you say it will run 92+ all day that is not true in real world conditions with a 525. Maybe like I said earlier with a BIG WHEEL on it not ideal for regular load and performance and light on fuel and in cool conditions. Not everyday all day in your normal Havasu weather.
    Mike

OCM
    THAT OFFER STANDS ! So how can you say thats not true? This boat will run 92+ every day .

shippingguy
    THAT OFFER STANDS ! So how can you say thats not true? This boat will run 92+ every day .
    Ok not a big deal and this is the last I will say about this. I find it hard to believe because if the walk thru with an HO does mid 70's how does a 525 with 75 more HP get you another 18-20+ MPH especially if they were laid up exactly the same? If you say because it is a closed bow vs. a open bow great, but that may account for 2-3 MPH even if it was 5mph that means you would still be gaining too much for only 75 more HP. Again, I am NOT a HATER. I LIKE the boat I just find the #'s hard top believe in everyday conditions.
    I talked with the guy that had the red one (Pfaff 800) in the channel in Havasu and he said it did not put up the #'s claimed under normal conditions. Yes I know the bottom has been tweaked since then.
    Mike

OCM
    This is the new 2008 Nordic Thor. If this where not true,I would not have stepped with the offer.
    TIM

shippingguy
    This is the new 2008 Nordic Thor. If this where not true,I would not have stepped with the offer.
    TIM
    Sounds good. Let's just agree to disagree. Hopefully I will see one out in Havasu and run with one. If I am wrong then hey I am wrong.
    Mike

Ivan Dan
    Ok not a big deal and this is the last I will say about this. I find it hard to believe because if the walk thru with an HO does mid 70's how does a 525 with 75 more HP get you another 18-20+ MPH especially if they were laid up exactly the same? If you say because it is a closed bow vs. a open bow great, but that may account for 2-3 MPH even if it was 5mph that means you would still be gaining too much for only 75 more HP. Again, I am NOT a HATER. I LIKE the boat I just find the #'s hard top believe in everyday conditions.
    I talked with the guy that had the red one (Pfaff 800) in the channel in Havasu and he said it did not put up the #'s claimed under normal conditions. Yes I know the bottom has been tweaked since then.
    Mike
    Mike I agree with you 100%! I think once you load in ice chests, anchors, stereo equipment, fuel, etc. that number is quite high. Not to mention I wouldn't guess Oregon to have a 110-120* days durring the summer which we all know cuts a good 3-5 off the top MPH. I think without all the above mentioned it might run in the 90's but not everyday. My 26' Daytona MIGHT see 90 on a cool/cold day with light fuel, no passengers and all the junk taken out of it. I would call it an 85 mph everyday boat but not 90.
    I also agree with you that is a sharp looking boat.

catman-do
    I would also have to agree. They are very nice looking boats, however I dont see 90's all day with the factors that were given above. With my boat empty on a HO I am running about 76, and with it full on a hot day high 60's.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast