Thread: Barn Find - 17' Custom Craft

Ronnie
    I just returned to my shop after looking at 17' flatty with a Custom Craft ID glassed in the hull. At first glance, from a distance, I thought it was a Beismeyer, but when a got close I realized it wasn't. It has rounded lines, top to bottom front to back. Very nice! 90% of the rigging is intact, needs paint, has R/H steering, split case Casale, bucket seat frames & tandem wheel trailer. Original power, I'm told, was a 426 Hemi, long gone. It was stashed in the back of a storage unit stuffed with tires auto parts etc. Overall condition, needs a lot of work. Does anyone have info and/or interest in this boat. Seller is motivated. I didn't discuss price because, I have NO MORE room in my yard. Location is in the North Bay, San Francisco Bay Area.

GAWnCA
    I just returned to my shop after looking at 17' flatty with a Custom Craft ID glassed in the hull. At first glance, from a distance, I thought it was a Beismeyer, but when a got close I realized it wasn't. It has rounded lines, top to bottom front to back. Very nice! 90% of the rigging is intact, needs paint, has R/H steering, split case Casale, bucket seat frames & tandem wheel trailer. Original power, I'm told, was a 426 Hemi, long gone. It was stashed in the back of a storage unit stuffed with tires auto parts etc. Overall condition, needs a lot of work. Does anyone have info and/or interest in this boat. Seller is motivated. I didn't discuss price because, I have NO MORE room in my yard. Location is in the North Bay, San Francisco Bay Area.
    Ronnie, Can you get some photos? I guess the Hemi is LONG gone.

Ronnie
    The boat is literally buried behind tons of motorcycles, engines tires and other stuff. I'll ask the guy that owns it, if we can somehow get it in the open for pics. Don't hold your breath, it could take a giant effort. I could probably get you in to see it, if your interested.
    Ron