Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DirecTV+HD+DiPlexer+BBC= Trouble

Not So Fast
    After a lot of explanations and other crap I now have the new HD channels from DirecTV. If you are having trouble getting the new HD channels when you should be getting them and are running a Diplexer in your setup I have an explanation and fix if you are interested and you can do it yourself. it takes some "splaining " but I'll do it if it will help anyone:idea: NSF

Not So Fast
    Nope, not that. This only applies if you already have your set up and have been recieving the old HD channels and are not getting the newly launched ones. I was getting a code 771-seaching for signal when I went to any of the new channels. The fix was so easy. NSF

Buster
    Help me, Help me NSF...
    I have the same issue.. I thought my dish was out of alignment. What is the secret, easy, fix....
    Thanks in advance..

Panic Button
    Order B-Band converters via this link:
    http://directv.qrs1.net/bbc/bbcForm.jsp

Not So Fast
    Help me, Help me NSF...
    I have the same issue.. I thought my dish was out of alignment. What is the secret, easy, fix....
    Thanks in advance..
    OK Buster hang on. I went thru all the hoops that DirecTV techs said, realigned the dish (7hr wait also), then it was because we had a grey B band converter so they sent a black one, didnt work, another service call and they said the diplex had to go, couldnt carry the band width. Let me back up a bit, we had a dead line to the room we use for the computer so used a diplexer to split the signal between NPG cable for the compter and the satellite feed to the main Tv in the living room on the same cable, worked fine until the new HD channels came around.
    So I called Alpine Comm. to come out and run a new line for the computer and not have any type of device in the lines (splitter). Well, Dave the tech from Alpine said lets try a few things before we try to run this new line, lots of work. He did take the diplexer out of the line and it worked fine, got all the channels so we know the dish and all is fine. His next fix was to reinstall the dipexers but instead of putting the BBC (B band converter) right before the DirecTV box he moved it in front of the diplexer's and "viola" now getting all the channels. Does this make sense:idea: I hope so!! You may very well have to have the dish realigned but if that doesnt work then try what worked for me. Just put the BBC in front of the first diplexer, they just screw together so its pretty easy!! Good luck!!! NSF

Not So Fast
    OK Buster hang on. I went thru all the hoops that DirecTV techs said, realigned the dish (7hr wait also), then it was because we had a grey B band converter so they sent a black one, didnt work, another service call and they said the diplex had to go, couldnt carry the band width. Let me back up a bit, we had a dead line to the room we use for the computer so used a diplexer to split the signal between NPG cable for the compter and the satellite feed to the main Tv in the living room on the same cable, worked fine until the new HD channels came around.
    So I called Alpine Comm. to come out and run a new line for the computer and not have any type of device in the lines (splitter). Well, Dave the tech from Alpine said lets try a few things before we try to run this new line, lots of work. He did take the diplexer out of the line and it worked fine, got all the channels so we know the dish and all is fine. His next fix was to reinstall the dipexers but instead of putting the BBC (B band converter) right before the DirecTV box he moved it in front of the diplexer's and "viola" now getting all the channels. Does this make sense:idea: I hope so!! You may very well have to have the dish realigned but if that doesnt work then try what worked for me. Just put the BBC in front of the first diplexer, they just screw together so its pretty easy!! Good luck!!! NSF {PS obviously put the BBC on the cable feed from the satellite.

3 daytona`s
    I'll do a quick outline for you:
    1. Call DirecTV
    2. Tell them you want HD
    3. Sit back and wait for them to install new 5 LNB dish and new receivers
    4. Enjoy

:idea:

3 daytona`s
    I'll do a quick outline for you:
    1. Call DirecTV
    2. Tell them you want HD
    3. Sit back and wait for them to install new 5 LNB dish and new receivers
    4. Enjoy

:idea:

3 daytona`s
    Yeah, I'd be the one whose HD works perfectly. But, I've had four HDTVs in my house for probably six years, so I've got a jump on you.
    YOU ARE THE MAN

Buster
    So I called Alpine Comm. to come out and run a new line for the computer and not have any type of device in the lines (splitter). Well, Dave the tech from Alpine said lets try a few things before we try to run this new line, lots of work. He did take the diplexer out of the line and it worked fine, got all the channels so we know the dish and all is fine. His next fix was to reinstall the dipexers but instead of putting the BBC (B band converter) right before the DirecTV box he moved it in front of the diplexer's and "viola" now getting all the channels. Does this make sense:idea: I hope so!! You may very well have to have the dish realigned but if that doesnt work then try what worked for me. Just put the BBC in front of the first diplexer, they just screw together so its pretty easy!! Good luck!!! NSF
    Thanks NSF. I already bypassed the Diplexer and it did not help. I will try and move the B-Band filters in the morning to see if that makes a difference. I have a guy coming out next week to reallign my dish as well.
    Thanks again for the info.
    Cheers,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast