Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sox over Rocks in 6.

Boozer
    How can you attract big players when you don't have the finances to afford them? To the best of my knowledge the Rockies have one of the lowest payrolls in MLB. The world series has brought on lots of fans, LOTS of money, and with any luck a much larger budget.
    I'm still praying for a change of ownership in the coming years. The recent ticket fiasco proved once more how incapable the ownership and management of the Rockies is when it comes to running a mlb franchise. None the less this is just the begining for the Rockies, esp. if the Broncos continue to dissapoint.
    I hate to say this, but the Rockies time is now. They're not better than the D'Backs, nor are they younger. They have worse pitching. A month before the season ended, the Rockies weren't mentioned in the same breath as playoff teams. They had a great run. An historic run. I wouldn't count on this becoming seasonal. They have zero starting pitching, past Jeff Francis, who is very good. They historical have a very hard time attracting quality FA pitching because of that little league park they play in. When you come into a game 2 of a WS and start a kid that has 89 CAREER innings of ML experience, that's a testiment to how little pitching you have. I like Jimenez, I've said on this board that he has filthy, nasty stuf, but that doesn't always translate to wins. See Matt Clement.
    I'd be surprised if the Rockies win 80 games next season.

snake321
    I hate to say this, but the Rockies time is now. They're not better than the D'Backs, nor are they younger. They have worse pitching. A month before the season ended, the Rockies weren't mentioned in the same breath as playoff teams. They had a great run. An historic run. I wouldn't count on this becoming seasonal. They have zero starting pitching, past Jeff Francis, who is very good. They historical have a very hard time attracting quality FA pitching because of that little league park they play in. When you come into a game 2 of a WS and start a kid that has 89 CAREER innings of ML experience, that's a testiment to how little pitching you have. I like Jimenez, I've said on this board that he has filthy, nasty stuf, but that doesn't always translate to wins. See Matt Clement.
    I'd be surprised if the Rockies win 80 games next season.
    Jimenez lost the strike zone in the 3rd. and lost total control in the 4th.He was overthrowing and I think the big stage got to him...

Old Texan
    Jimenez lost the strike zone in the 3rd. and lost total control in the 4th.He was overthrowing and I think the big stage got to him...
    That was pretty much it. They hung around. Boston stranded a lot of base runners and it could have been another blowout. It'll be interesting to see if the Sox bullpen can remain as effective in Denver.
    The big question now, is who will Boston sit w/o the DH. Last night's announcers claim Francona is leaning towards sitting Youklis, but I personally feel it would be better to rest Ortiz especialy with the bad knee. Ortiz is a defensive liability no matter where they try to hide him. Offensively it would make some sense to move Drew to center, Youklis to right, and put Big Pappi at 1st. Defensively that would probably cost several runs and be the big mistake.
    This is where the strategical problems of the AL really show up and could likely even the series out.

snake321
    I think Ortiz will play. Pitching to him and Manny back to back is too much of a threat. The World Series is no time to rest players. Play him 'till his leg falls off......

Old Texan
    The only positions he can play are 3rd and 1st. I can't see removing Youkilis or Lowell, defensively or offensively at this point.
    Exactly the way I seeit. Francona however is leaning towards the left handed batting Ortiz and sitting Youklis. Youklis is hot and far better defensively so that's where I'd go. Move Drew into the 3 slot and you'd hardly lose a lick at the front of the order.
    The bottom end of Boston's order is their weakness offensively. Lugo can hardly get down a good bunt and Crisp's bat has settled on the bench leaving Ellsbury to at least get the ball in play. Now they have to bat the pitcher so essentially you have a potential 0 for the last 3 in your order. Advantage Rocks.

snake321
    http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/ar...=.jsp&c_id=bos
    As much as it sickened me to go to the red sox site, I snuck in long enough to grab the link. Ortiz plays first.

Baja Big Dog
    I say it goes all 7 with the Red Sox losing in the final inning because Manny just trots to first and a 5-4-3 triple play is made on his ass.
    Dam...that P.O.S. makes me want to throw a fricken beer at the TV when he does that throwin his hands in the air thing.
    Its too bad the Angels didnt have more time with his little show, you know Mike would have a few targets painted on his helmet!!!

snake321
    Gametime ----I'm takin Rockies...

Jordy
    Wow, 6-0 in the 3rd inning already!!! :jawdrop:

snake321
    They hit everything Fogg had...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast