Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this for show or for go?

probablecause
    Sure looks pretty but would it work well together?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...lowerTurbo.jpg

ck7684
    I'd say for show, but will it go???

OK I'll start the list.
    Single 850 Holley, twin turbo, quad rotor, nitros injected SBC.
    It's got nothing on Shiver Shot.........

LandSpeedRacer
    Thanks Morg!
    Looks pretty bling bling, I'd be afraid to fire it and get it dirty . . . . or drive it and suck a rock from a tire down the dominator stacks . . . .
    Hey, is that that Pontiac J2000 that was on the car show circuit years ago?:idea:

DEL51
    yes, and I think it might put out 500 hp,

maxwedge
    That looks like just about the easiest, and cheapest way to make power. It's a wonder you don't see everybody doing that.

Unchained
    All that complexity and he still hooked it to ........ a carburetor ?
    The only possible purpose of running turbos or blowers in a series like that is to make real high boost. Any single turbo has the capability of making 40# of boost at the flow that it was designed to do.
    If someone wanted to make 60+ # then that setup might apply.
    Of course nothing but a serious aftermarket block or a diesel could take that.
    Other than that........show and Rube Goldberg only.
    It looks like it's on a SBC. One single turbo would have been a great setup that could make over 1000 hp.

LandSpeedRacer
    It looks like air and fuel through the turbos and unless there is an intercooler buried in there somewhere, hot air and fuel are going through the blowers. Seems like it would run lean, especially with the assistance of nitrous . . .
    As I recall, if this is the Pontiac J2000 that was built in the 1980's, there was some articles in Hot Rod Mag and Revell I think it was built a 1/25 scale model of it. At the time, it was way ahead of it's time and ran without the benefit of computers.
    Wonder if it still exists or was parted out at swap meets:idea: like so many other projects that faded away.

Blown 472
    It looks like air and fuel through the turbos and unless there is an intercooler buried in there somewhere, hot air and fuel are going through the blowers. Seems like it would run lean, especially with the assistance of nitrous . . .
    As I recall, if this is the Pontiac J2000 that was built in the 1980's, there was some articles in Hot Rod Mag and Revell I think it was built a 1/25 scale model of it. At the time, it was way ahead of it's time and ran without the benefit of computers.
    Wonder if it still exists or was parted out at swap meets:idea: like so many other projects that faded away.
    I have to ask as I know nothing about it, what is all going on with your boat?

HONDOG
    All that complexity and he still hooked it to ........ a carburetor ?
    The only possible purpose of running turbos or blowers in a series like that is to make real high boost. Any single turbo has the capability of making 40# of boost at the flow that it was designed to do.
    If someone wanted to make 60+ # then that setup might apply.
    Of course nothing but a serious aftermarket block or a diesel could take that.
    Other than that........show and Rube Goldberg only.
    It looks like it's on a SBC. One single turbo would have been a great setup that could make over 1000 hp.
    Unchained you are showing your age Brother. 75% of these people have no idea who the hell Rube Goldberg is! LOL
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast