Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet-away Device ?

Bayon-M/C
    WHAT IS A JET AWAY DEVICE AND DO I NEED ONE?:idea:

468miller
    i think its kind of like a clutch, my buddie has one, but hes on his honeymoon, so i cant call and ask him, i think it stops the pump from spining when the motors running if i remember right. I think he paid like 1400.00 for it though.ouch:jawdrop:

Jet-a-way or ratchets are used as a safety device on high performance jet boats. The intended purpose is to allow the jet to continue turning in the event of a catastrophic failure of the motor. Units such as the jet-a-way have an additional feature, to disengage the jet, from the engine. Dis engaging the drive, allows the boat to be ran out of the water, with out causing any damage to the pump it's self. They also come into play on river racer/drag boats when letting off the throttle too quickly, some boats react wickedly when the power is cut too quick. The overall design is to keep the water flowing thru the pump when the motor is not turning sufficient rpm's. This helps in eliminating, the rear of the boat lifting, causing the nose of the boat down. Pushing the nose down usually results in bow steer, leading to, in many times, the driver, or occupants, being ejected from the boat. Being ejected can result, in injury, or even death.

RIVERTIME247
    WHAT IS A JET AWAY DEVICE AND DO I NEED ONE?:idea:
    you'll find it here.
    http://hi-techperformance.com/HPParts.HTM

IMPATIENT 1
    Jet-a-way or ratchets are used as a safety device on high performance jet boats. The intended purpose is to allow the jet to continue turning in the event of a catastrophic failure of the motor. Units such as the jet-a-way have an additional feature, to disengage the jet, from the engine. Dis engaging the drive, allows the boat to be ran out of the water, with out causing any damage to the pump it's self. They also come into play on river racer/drag boats when letting off the throttle too quickly, some boats react wickedly when the power is cut too quick. The overall design is to keep the water flowing thru the pump when the motor is not turning sufficient rpm's. This helps in eliminating, the rear of the boat lifting, causing the nose of the boat down. Pushing the nose down usually results in bow steer, leading to, in many times, the driver, or occupants, being ejected from the boat. Being ejected can result, in injury, or even death.
    man, i hope you copied and pasted that,lol

GM Killer
    Ive got one for sale. If interested PM me

RICHARD TILL
    i`m interested if the other guy does`nt jump on it. pm sent.

GM Killer
    all pm's responded too, and I got quite a few. thanks

wet77
    Also lets you run your motor off a hose on the trailer without spinning the pump:devil:
    Comes in handy when you want to check timing

Nucking futs
    Ive got one for sale. If interested PM me
    sold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast