Thread: Heritage Impellers

BrendellaJet
    I recall hearing that a Heritage impeller was a copy of the legend impeller. Does anyone know how the legend impeller compares to a berkeley in terms of size? Im turning a Heritage A 5600-5800 RPM. Im making 750-775 at that RPM range.
    Its in a 21 foot boat. Im trying to figure if Im turning the impeller as hard as I should be. Peak power is 825 @ 6800 but Im making 800 @ 6100 so I want to determine if I should trim the impeller to get the extra power(6100- no point in going way upstairs for 25hp. Hole shot is good, I wouldnt mind sacrificing a little if I was going to gain some top end.
    Interested in everyones thoughts. Boat handles this power very well. Considering 250 shot of NOS just for fun

A little laughing gas never hurt anybody.
    I bet it wouldnt take much to spin it on up there.
    that way you wont be spinning it as fast unless you need to.

BrendellaJet
    Yeah, Im not so much afraid of the NOS as I am concerned that Im turning the impeller hard enough with the power I have. I think I was just expecting to turn it harder than I am with the power I have...

Pops@Aggressor
    If your going to add nos- Leave it alone untill you fined out where that puts you. Cut now and you may need a bigger Impeller later.
    Do you want to wind the motor to get max.
    If so Cutr your Impeller to match maybe 200 Rs over your Torque High, Your HP should still be building then. You will get more MPH as you are putting more Rs into the Impeller. You will also loose launch thrust with each cut.

steelcomp
    If your going to add nos- Leave it alone untill you fined out where that puts you. Cut now and you may need a bigger Impeller later.Exactly what I was going to say.