Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New 30' Skater

Havasu Hangin'
    I agree with you! one is designed for family boating on calm lakes, and the Skater is built as a race boat in any water condition. was just quoting the retail price.
    I was talking more about the build process and rough-water capability. Comparing a regular layup 29' to that 30' is like comparing a Chevy Malibu to a BMW M5. It may have the same amount of room, but it's apples to oranges (pardon the expression).

Boatlesss
    Can't believe im defending them...BUT the last retail price on a new F29 was 189K, and I know you can get it for way less % then retail plus some options/bling.
    How is that equipped?
    Every mag test says they are way more than that by more than double.
    Also, it really needs to compare to the 32' DCB size wise as the 30' Skater is a boat everyone else would call a 31' boat. It is probably wider than the 32' DCB also.
    I won't even touch the construction issues.

Tom Olson
    How is that equipped?
    Every mag test says they are way more than that by more than double.
    Also, it really needs to compare to the 32' DCB size wise as the 30' Skater is a boat everyone else would call a 31' boat. It is probably wider than the 32' DCB also.
    I won't even touch the construction issues.
    The Skater is 9.4 wide The DCB 32 is 9.0,,,my buddy has a new 30 Skater coming in about 6 weeks,,if anybody would like to compare the 2 boats (32 DCB) and the 30 Skater,,they'll both be at my house SOON!

Charley
    I was talking more about the build process and rough-water capability. Comparing a regular layup 29' to that 30' is like comparing a Chevy Malibu to a BMW M5. It may have the same amount of room, but it's apples to oranges (pardon the expression).
    You can buy a base V-Bagged F29 w/300x's on a trailer in the 170k range, obviously they are still apples to oranges boats each having it's own strengths over the other.... Boatless how can you insinuate there is a dramatic difference in construction between the two when you are without the actual info you need to make such a statement?

CHAD1
    how fast would the f29 be with 300x?

Charley
    how fast would the f29 be with 300x?
    a bagged version hasn't been done "yet" but speculation would say 102-105

INSman
    great looking Skater, BUT Damn a quarter of a million dollars for a wacker boat that will do what 110, and very little wind protection. Everyone knows I'm the latest to fall off the DCB band wagon.... BUT id be buying the used F29 with twin HO's that Andy has the line on, and SAVE THE 130,000.00. Maybe even send it to Toad and still save a cool 100K. OR keep the basic graphics it has and off the HO's and R&R with a couple mello GT motors and still be in it 100K less. :idea:
    OR get that quad rotor motor for 33K, Call Tony @ Eliminator and give him a few dollars and get one of the first new 29 ft flat deck with wrap around screen with a six drive and STILL save a truck load of $$$.
    Just too much money for that Skater for what it is IMO.
    Wind protection as seen below, should work just fine ....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...00/19226_2.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/30skate1.jpg

TOBTEK
    Wind protection as seen below, should work just fine ....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...00/19226_2.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/30skate1.jpg
    those....yeah right those look like they should be on a $ 250K boat do your self a favor, and order yours with a full windscreen
    still think you should buy the F29 for $119K, just as fast as this Skater...AND you will still have enough dough left over to buy the ever popular bandwagon tri-toon as well
    OR.... has Kevins dad Jeff ever sold his F29 with OB's ? That was in the VERY low 100's last I saw. Not a bad deal. Now you can save apx 150K

Tom Olson
    the only way to get the wrap-around windshield from Skater on the 30 is when you also get the flat-deck option $$$$$ around 30k

Boatlesss
    You can buy a base V-Bagged F29 w/300x's on a trailer in the 170k range, obviously they are still apples to oranges boats each having it's own strengths over the other.... Boatless how can you insinuate there is a dramatic difference in construction between the two when you are without the actual info you need to make such a statement?
    Charlie, are you insinuating that DCB builds their boats equally to Skater?
    With Skater's build process, it takes 8 weeks in the mold. How long does DCB take to build a 29' or 32'? What materials does DCB use to build their boats?
    Educate us.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast