Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golf cart question

Im having a hell of a time getting my to charge,one minute it will the next it wont. I have cleaned everything new cables,filled batteries,insulators on charger plug in were gone thought that was the problem got new ones still the same.Any idea's.

Squeezing Spectra
    How is your battery charger LOL

DeltaSigBoater
    1. Is the outlet you plug the charger into on a switch?
    2. Is the switch on?

Daddy_G
    How old are they? You shouldn't get more than about 4 good years out of a set. My Yamaha 48v is on it's 5th summer and won't hold a charge more than 1/2 a day now.
    Or..... One time (at band camp ) I ran my batteries all the way down and had to charge them individually with an actual off-the-shelf battery charger before the golf cart charger would do its job.
    Just some thoughts - good luck!

hkunz
    How is the cart's key switch? Mine went bad and it drove me nuts figuring it out.

hkunz
    How old are they? You shouldn't get more than about 4 good years out of a set. My Yamaha 48v is on it's 5th summer and won't hold a charge more than 1/2 a day now.
    Or..... One time (at band camp ) I ran my batteries all the way down and had to charge them individually with an actual off-the-shelf battery charger before the golf cart charger would do its job.
    My cart was old when I bought it 7 years ago, and the original batteries are still good. I leave it on the charger all the time when not in use. 6 Volt.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    maybe there is a short somewhere

Mandelon
    Maybe the charger is hot...? :sqeyes:

pebo
    I have had Charger cords go bad on the EZgo's. This is from pulling the Charger head from the cord not the head. Check the cord. :idea:

Im thinking that might be it,we ran it pretty dead that last few times out but it has enough juice to drive it so that cant be it.Maybe a bad battery i got a newer charger anf the batteries are a year old.I had a loose connection on one and it melted the terminal pretty good maybe that battery is bad.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast