Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Income Tax?

pw_Tony
    Is there really a law that says you have to pay an income tax?
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=2

SmokinLowriderSS
    I don't actually suggest you try it.
    Mr Schiff tried it, among others (http://www.quatloos.com/taxscams/cm-taxpr.htm)
    I believe (without a ton of deep digging) that you ARE required to file a signed return. I think there IS law on that one.
    That makes you an agreed signatory to the information contained, and the debt disclosed by that informantion.
    Failure to pay that agreed upon debt is a punishable offence.

Sleeper CP
    I'll come visit you in the "Big House".
    You can fly under the radar for some time if you: don't have alot of asset's
    don't have alot of reportable income(1099's or a 1040's). Not necessarily in that order of importance.
    I wouldn't recommend it.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

Moneypitt
    About 25 years ago a friend of mine got drug into this idea. Refuse to pay/file taxes because there is no law requiring it...........Oppps, when the IRS came down on him, the group disappeared like magic and he was left holding his own bag.........Took him several years to get it right, and the penalties alone were more than the original taxes would have been if paid when due.......MP

YeLLowBoaT
    It should also be noted that Al Capone was never charged with Racketteering... they got him for tax evastion.

HM
    Every once in a while, these guys get out of jail...make their claims, and go back to jail and take a few new people with them.
    Yes, it has been established that not only must you pay taxes, but you must file a tax return. Now, if you legitimately owe no taxes and you haven't filed...there are no penalties for late filing when you owe nothing or the IRS owes you.
    The only part of their argument that holds some water is that filing a tax return violates your right with the 5th amendment(The right to choose not to incriminate yourself - the goberment must prove you did something wrong). While some people will argue if you "don't break the law you have nothing to worry about" angle, realize that this country was founded by people wanted by the law! These people(tax dodgers) have a fundamental problem with taxes, and I understand where they are coming from based on how income tax was established as a temporary law to fund a war...and never went away. But, most people realize that we have to pay taxes, not just because the law says we do, but because we can't run a country without taxes. Most of us just have a problem with the stewards of our taxes and where that money goes. I know I'd be a lot happier if I got to choose on my tax return where my tax dollars went.

Sleeper CP
    ) . Most of us just have a problem with the stewards of our taxes and where that money goes. I know I'd be a lot happier if I got to choose on my tax return where my tax dollars went.
    Yeah, What he said
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

ULTRA26 # 1
    Every once in a while, these guys get out of jail...make their claims, and go back to jail and take a few new people with them.
    Yes, it has been established that not only must you pay taxes, but you must file a tax return. Now, if you legitimately owe no taxes and you haven't filed...there are no penalties for late filing when you owe nothing or the IRS owes you.
    The only part of their argument that holds some water is that filing a tax return violates your right with the 5th amendment(The right to choose not to incriminate yourself - the goberment must prove you did something wrong). While some people will argue if you "don't break the law you have nothing to worry about" angle, realize that this country was founded by people wanted by the law! These people(tax dodgers) have a fundamental problem with taxes, and I understand where they are coming from based on how income tax was established as a temporary law to fund a war...and never went away. But, most people realize that we have to pay taxes, not just because the law says we do, but because we can't run a country without taxes. Most of us just have a problem with the stewards of our taxes and where that money goes. I know I'd be a lot happier if I got to choose on my tax return where my tax dollars went.
    Good post Mr. Moly

pw_Tony
    Oh no you better believe I'm paying my taxes!
    Just after watching that video got me thinking that's all. Too many videos now adays have BS in them and you can't tell what to believe. But if there really is no law to pay income tax, and I was rich as a mutha focka, then I would fight against it.
    Just an idea :idea:
    Very interesting video NTL

Focker
    Is there really a law that says you have to pay an income tax?
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=2
    TOO FOCKEN FUNNY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast