Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To be perfectly honest

Cigalert
    It's settling in and I'm literally chitting my pants right now. I just put a deposit down yesterday on a new boat. I keep flopping from "I can afford it" to "Why am I buying this thing". Going from a $35k boat to a $100k boat is seriously freaking me out. It's not the affordability it's the priciple of spending that much. I used to work 2 jobs to afford an apartment and a little del taco and now it's no big deal to throw big money at something I'll be able to use about once a month. UGH_(#)!@*&#(!*@$@#%)(!!!!!!!!!!
    I keep thinking about the housing market, oil prices, my daughter going to a good college, having my wife stay home full time...
    And then move right into thoughts of my daughter already is already more financially set than me, ripping across the water, my wife says she likes working her 2 days a week, the sound of the motor, family time on the water...
    FUGGGAKCAKAKAAAA
    Please tell me more people have felt the way I do.

wright27
    Many many times, followed by regret, usually.
    Congrats and enjoy the new bill, sorry I mean boat.

Havasu Hangin'
    I've found that if you drink more, your issues don't go away...
    ...but you won't care as much.
    :messedup:

Jbb
    It's only money.....and you cant take it with you....I suggest you start drinking heavily ....Immediately....

Cigalert
    It's only money.....and you cant take it with you....I suggest you start drinking heavily ....Immediately....
    The positive...my wife is a bartender
    The negative...she's working tonight and I have the baby
    Have to wait until Sunday to start forgetting what I did.

wright27
    So what did you buy?

scarabrick2
    I'll be the first on to say,
    This thread is worthless without PICTURES of
    Both Boat and wife

justfloatn
    I understand, but I still have the 30K boat that I could only sell for 20K.
    I have been looking at a 25' Daytona and can't stop myself from thinking,
    What a 100K! My first house was 89K and gave me a place to live and sleep; plus made me 65K in profit. Now you tell me this chunk of fiberglass with one motor is worth 100K and in five years will be worth 50K. Screw you...
    But no matter what I do to fix up my little boat. It's still not a Daytona..FUK!
    I'll let you know in Spring 09 if I feel the way you do
    And one more thing, How do you get your wife to work two days a week

Caribbean Jet
    It's settling in and I'm literally chitting my pants right now. I just put a deposit down yesterday on a new boat. I keep flopping from "I can afford it" to "Why am I buying this thing". Going from a $35k boat to a $100k boat is seriously freaking me out. It's not the affordability it's the priciple of spending that much. I used to work 2 jobs to afford an apartment and a little del taco and now it's no big deal to throw big money at something I'll be able to use about once a month. UGH_(#)!@*&#(!*@$@#%)(!!!!!!!!!!
    I keep thinking about the housing market, oil prices, my daughter going to a good college, having my wife stay home full time...
    And then move right into thoughts of my daughter already is already more financially set than me, ripping across the water, my wife says she likes working her 2 days a week, the sound of the motor, family time on the water...
    FUGGGAKCAKAKAAAA
    Please tell me more people have felt the way I do.
    We just went through the same thing with our new motorhome. It went away as soon as we used it for the first time. Enjoy the new boat.

Havasu Hangin'
    Better listen to him- he's in "pre-med". (http://www.acmewebpages.com/midi/blutoadv.wav)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast