Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CA non-commercial Class A License

Brewzed
    Do any of you guys have your California Non-Commerical Class A for recreational vehicles? I'm going to be taking the written test next week and hopefully the driving test the week after. I guess I have to take an examiner around with my 5th wheel. Should be a good time.

Trailer Park Casanova
    I'd wager most that need them don't have them.
    Good Luck.
    I'll be getting mine next year no doubt.

BLOWN HOWARD
    Need to get mine also. Let us know how the written goes.

MKEELINE
    Is this what you need to double tow?

BLOWN HOWARD
    This is what you need to Tow a Bumper pull over 10k and a Fifth Wheel over 15K

gas Hogg
    I've had my commercial class a for ten years five in cali. I didn't even know you had to get a recreational class a. The test are very easy and they ask the same question several times. Good Luck.

Xlration Marine
    Heck I have the actual test. Az test that is. It was given to me by a co-worker. I went and took the test, about 5 minutes. The guy at the counter said "so where are the answers". I said "there out in my truck". LOL. I don't know what your road test is like, but I had to be able to back up in an "S" and not hit the cones. Have fun.

Danhercules
    This is what you need to Tow a Bumper pull over 10k and a Fifth Wheel over 15K
    You can get a endorsment if you wanna tow a 5er from 10k to 15k. Thats what I have.
    You need this is your gonna tow a 5er over 10k. Most are and most peeps dont have the endorsment.
    The test for the endorsment is the same as the non commercial "A". The test was easy.

Brewzed
    My new 5th wheel's GVWR is a little over 16K pounds. I just want to get it in case something happens. Even if your 5th wheel is between 10K and 15K pounds your supposed to have an endorsement on your Class C license. Anything over 15K needs the Class A. I towed my old travel trailer which had a 12K GVWR without the Class A. The limits on a Class C for a travel trailer is 10K. I had no idea they were needed.

Brewzed
    The test for the endorsment is the same as the non commercial "A". The test was easy.
    That's what I like to hear. Looking at the booklet, it looks pretty simple

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast