Thread: House alarms...

Anyone here have the hook-up? Live in the Whittier area and would like to have one installed. I really don't want the monthly service thing, just a key pad at the front door and motion sensors in all the rooms with a loud ass alarm....
    Thanks,

Chubby4Life
    Anyone here have the hook-up? Live in the Whittier area and would like to have one installed. I really don't want the monthly service thing, just a key pad at the front door and motion sensors in all the rooms with a loud ass alarm....
    Thanks,
    My brother is the DM for Brinks in Industry. He helped me do mine, if you want I'll ask him if he's interested in a side job.

talkinghead
    You can buy all sorts of sensors at Lowes/HD.
    Myself I bought $5 vibration and movement detectors.
    They work.

Outnumbered
    I have had great luck with Brinks in 3 houses but they require monitoring. If you want a cheap/basic system with no monitoring check out Laser Shield. I have no idea if it is any good, but it is cheap. http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11112456&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eC at=BC|79|4802&N=4001405&Mo=14&pos=6&No=14&Nr=P_Cat alogName:BC&cat=4802&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lan g=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC3-Cat79&topnav=

Havasu1986
    Thanks,
    Kinda defeats the purpose when you are gone. I have the burglar and smoke detectors at my house in Havasu and Yorba Linda with ADT. I feel safe knowing that whatever house I'm at, I have some sense of security. The install fee is a little expensive, but the monthly is about $30.

Baja Big Dog
    Kinda defeats the purpose when you are gone. I have the burglar and smoke detectors at my house in Havasu and Yorba Linda with ADT. I feel safe knowing that whatever house I'm at, I have some sense of security. The install fee is a little expensive, but the monthly is about $30.
    What he said!!!

Protection One is who we have, install is free if you sign up for two years.... it is like buying a car, you can work the price on the extra sensors and monthly fees.

dmontzsta
    I have Brinks at my office and at home, they rock.