Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C.A.R.B will end Performance boating ???

bigq
    So if i read it right in ***boat, they want to limit emissions from 500hp and above the same as a 4 cylinder. That is not possible apparently so no more higher performance engine will be sold after Jan1, 2009. So this would only take place in Californication for now until the EPA does its part to limit across the country. So my question is....if you were a manufacture would you not just move or not sell to California? and what about the Colorado river, while it has water because we are running out of that also, should we only drive on the Arizona side?

boat boy
    Did not read the article, but anything C.A.R.B. does will never surprise me. It's the same thing just reinvented with what went on in the late 90's with two stroke engines and the PWC issues. Unfortunately what happens in California does not stay in California.

Boatcop
    The main reason there's a lot of boat builders in AZ, is because of CARB restrictions on volatile emissions from FRP manufacturing.
    Boat shops shut down and moved east.
    New technology enables boats to be built and remain in compliance in CA, but back when the CARB standards were put in, it didn't exist.
    Look for the builders to keep their hull manufacturing where they are, and ship the hulls to AZ or NV for rigging and actual sale.

Jbb
    The more I hear and read about California......The more it appears that you are led by a pack of total Jackasses....

noboattom
    C.A.R.B what a bunch of idiots!I own a commercial truck now they are starting to put emission controls on that.C.A.R.B is saying anything older than 1993 that you will not be able to register in calif. unless you bring your truck up to 2008 specs.Starting in 2009.

ratso
    The more I hear and read about California......The more it appears that you are led by a pack of total Jackasses....
    I say lets cut em loose:jawdrop: and let Mexico have them

cougar27mtr
    Post the link to this.. I would like to read up on it thanks...
    California is going to save the world from global warming!!! :hammer2:
    complete crap!

Jbb
    I say lets cut em loose:jawdrop: and let Mexico have them
    Why on earth would you think.....that Mexico doesn't already....."have them"...

scooooter7
    AKA Arnold

scooooter7
    C.A.R.B what a bunch of idiots!I own a commercial truck now they are starting to put emission controls on that.C.A.R.B is saying anything older than 1993 that you will not be able to register in calif. unless you bring your truck up to 2008 specs.Starting in 2009.
    Sorry but I agree with this one. The residue from the freeway would change your mind too.
    They are also updating the heavy equipment. My friend quit Cat and went to a Co that is specializing on the cat. converters that ALL Heavy equip will be required to have to operate. Comply or die. (sorry)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast