Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tampa FL help....

NashvilleBound
    anyone been? We are leaving from a port there and wanted to spend a few days there beforehand playing....ideas???? Kid friendly

thatguy
    anyone been? We are leaving from a port there and wanted to spend a few days there beforehand playing....ideas???? Kid friendly
    Well, disneyworld comes to mind. Orlando is right down the road. Like under 100 miles I think.
    Tommy

NashvilleBound
    I appreciate that....but the kids are 16 and 14. Thinking something like Magic Mtnish...... Tho I guess Disneyworld might have rides like that. Helicoptor tours? Any local cities worth drivng to? I've never been that far south......

Jbb
    Busch Gardens....!

Dribble
    I appreciate that....but the kids are 16 and 14. Thinking something like Magic Mtnish...... Tho I guess Disneyworld might have rides like that. Helicoptor tours? Any local cities worth drivng to? I've never been that far south......
    Downtown Disney isn't just for young kids. Lots to do for people of all ages.

thatguy
    Downtown Disney isn't just for young kids. Lots to do for people of all ages.
    Yep, I have more fun now in my 40's because I have money to blow there!
    Busch Gardens is also a must. The Bengal tigers are just amazing. Do they still have the African Plains train tour there?
    Tommy

voodoomedman
    My bro-in law is from Orlando. I'll see if I can find out any info for you.

Cheap Thrills
    Busch Gardens....!
    Ditto ! Busch Gardens is awesome.
    Disney ~ Epcot Maybe take in a few gator farms on the way.
    Although quite a way from Tampa, If you're in the neighborhood of St. Augustine ( The Nation's Oldest City) check out the Castillo De San Marcos (http://www.nps.gov/casa/) an awesome step back in time & well worth the trip if you're into history.
    More of the Castille (http://www.nps.gov/archive/casa/home/gallery7.htm)
    Have Fun
    T.

voodoomedman
    Okay this is what I found out. If you want to go do some 21 and over partying and leave the kids for a night then go to Ebor (sp) City as it is a party town.
    Family friendly stuff you can do Busch Gardens as already mentioned or go to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. Islands is further but has just recently opened up so you would get newer more thrilling coasters there. Of course you are right on the bay so doing the boat tours or fishing or stuff like that is an option but I'm sure you knew that.

Mr. Crusader 83
    Busch Gardens is cool. Right by where all the ships leave is a cool area with a Hooters and the hockey rink is down there also. Or head to downtown, Ebor City is nice, little shops, and great sushi. Coyote Ugly is down there also. I used to live in downtown Tampa. Leave the kids at home and head to Ebor City. Above the comedy club is that sushi plave, go in there and ask for Chris. He make a some kick ass rolls. Try the love roll.
    Or you could always head over to st pete.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast