Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: snowskiing advice

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    We are planning a ski trip for the first time this year. Jeff has been before, but it's been 20 years and I've never been. We had to buy all the warm clothes and stuff (we'll rent the equipment), but I'm kinda at a loss for the long underwear. What is better? Synthetic or silk? I know cotton is out, but I am one of those people who's always cold and my ski pants are Goretex but thin. I got some polyester fleece pants, but I'm thinking maybe something thinner under those. I have no idea. Any suggestions from the skiiers/snowboarders on the board would be helpful.

Havasu1986
    I wear the Pepper brand that you can get at Chicks. 100% Polyester. Keeps me warm on the slopes.

Mardonzi
    As a former die hard skier,, my suggestion to you is to.....
    Don't do it!!! It's cold,, it can be wet... It's expensive.... and last but not least, It hurts when you fall

Havasu1986
    As a former die hard skier,, my suggestion to you is to.....
    Don't do it!!! It's cold,, it can be wet... It's expensive.... and last but not least, It hurts when you fall
    True...But you forgot its fun. And far cheaper then boating.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    I wear the Pepper brand that you can get at Chicks. 100% Polyester. Keeps me warm on the slopes.
    Someone else recommended that brand to me as well. :idea:

Wicky
    Hot Chillis work great. Synthetic or silk. They both work. I think synthetic doesn't get as stinky. If you're not an aggressive skier, dress a little bit warmer. I sweat like crazy when I ski therefore, I wear less. Just remember to wear thermals with good "wickying " cababilities.
    Have fun!!

Schiada76
    Someone else recommended that brand to me as well. :idea:
    Capilene by Patagonia.
    I used to wear just the capilene shirt and pants and a powder suit shell, good to 15 below.

Wicky
    Capilene by Patagonia.
    I used to wear just the capilene shirt and pants and a powder suit shell, good to 15 below.
    Only problem, you support the sierra club by purchasing Patagonia.
    Great product though.

YeLLowBoaT
    I prefer the slik, but thats just me.
    Since you have never been I will give you one piece of advice... on the way up there, no matter how cold you are, don't turn on the heater( other then defrost) and don't pile on the layers. If you do, as soon as you step out you will freeze your ass off.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Only problem, you support the sierra club by purchasing Patagonia.
    Great product though.
    All those companies support the Sierra Club. I haven't found one yet that doesn't. Please let me know if you know of one.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast