Thread: 396, I have a new respect for you. I've been polishin'

malcolm
    Man what a bunch of work! I started out with an air sander and 24 grit, then 80, then 150 by hand, then 220. Finally went to Schucks and bought a can of Mothers (economy size). My arms feel like there gonna fall off! But it do look nice!

It's not perfect, but it's all I'm gonna do for now. The bowl's next...ahhh!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Malcom.... thats my dawg wink Thanks but I think your king now wink I looked at my transom adapter and I said no way. There are tooooo many small spots. I went ahead and had my transom adapter powdercoated in 007 silver.When you get to the bowl it will be a little easier than that adapter, I promise you wink We do need more jacuzzi's polished on here. There arent too many of us around. That looks good bro! You get 2 thumbs up from me wink I am shooting for the nozzle housing next, but I think I will wait untill my motor running before I do any polishing or (waxing the boat that is).

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    here is a few pics of mine before I finished it.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/239POLISHED_JACCUZZI-med.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/239polishedjac-med.jpg[/img]

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    If you keep going up on the paper the scratches get smaller and the better it looks I took mine up to 1500 grit. I topped all of my polishing off with a bench grinder(buffing wheel) and blue magic from autozone. Blue magic looks tits. It comes out better with blue magic than with jewelers rouge! I then wiped it down with a dry diaper soft polishing cloth.
    396_Your_Polishing_Dawg wink wink

malcolm
    I know what you're saying. I went a little too far with the 24 grit and not enough with the 80. I ended up with some sand marks that I couldn't get out with the finer stuff, mostly on the bottom. This was definately a learning experience, I think the bowl will look much better. I'll get some finer paper too.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Hook me up with the pics as your going Hese's what I did.
    37 grit on a hand grinder( be gentle or you will dish it!)
    40g- electric palm sander
    80g-palm
    100g-palm
    120g-palm
    160g-palm
    180g-palm
    220g-palm
    240g-palm
    280g-palm
    320g-palm
    360g-palm
    400g-wet hand( all wet, i used dawn soap)
    600g-wet hand
    800g-wet hand
    1000g-wet hand
    1500g-wet hand
    2000g-wet hand
    Then off to the buffer with the blue magic Wipe to shine Its time consuming but I love it Its better than paint, even when the lake kills it.

malcolm
    Wow, you must have cleaned out the sand paper isle at the store. I better stock up.