Thread: IT IS ALIVE!!!!!!

skeepwerkzaz
    I put my cam in the right way, re-gasketed the carbs and lit this friggin' candle today. If you were outside anywhere in the norther hemisphere at 3:30 pdt today I am sure you heard it. eek! I only had it running for a few seconds, as I have decided to break it in at the lake. Just two turns of the starter and a flick of the mag switch and I had a ear to ear grin. (after priming of course) This baby is loaded for bear. Thanks for all of your advise guys and soon you will see me at all those gatherings.

Hallett19
    Hey Clay, how bad was the cam off ?? I hope you didnt put it in yourself. If you did, I would say someone else did so you don't look like a fool, blame it on Wes

skeepwerkzaz
    Aaron,
    I did put the cam in myself, and it was WWWAAAAYYYY off! But it wasn't my fault. I have this super trick DONOVAN gear drive set-up that I put on and those fockers sent me the wrong info on how to line it up. I called them to see why I couldn't get it to fire and they asked how I set it up. I told them per there spec sheet that I got w/it and they told me that there was no way there sheet said that. So I dug it out FAXED it to them and got a very appologetic phone call for them, saying that they indeed had sent me the wrong specs. Made me feel alot better. I have probably built 20+ motors and never had a problem like this one. But I got it figured out now and I am a happy boy. By the way the Buddy Christ was ****ing hilarious!!!! See ya.

Hallett19
    skeepwerkzaz:
    But it wasn't my fault. Famous last words.....
    Glad it all worked out, that christ thing is great, I love it, that whole site is full of great pics that pertain only to message forums!
    Oh, Clay, since you did such a good job of messing up the cam install, you win one of these ......

and a new unicorn !!!
    [ August 25, 2002, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Hallett19 ]

skeepwerkzaz
    Whatever Olsen twins!!! Are you going to be around later this week? I'm gonna be blowin' through La-La and would like to stop by and shoot the shit. Let me know..