Thread: Paging HB

Taylorman
    HBjet. Can you post some pictures of your engine. I saw some shots of your new interior and saw shots of your engine that I would like to see closer specifically the metal plate under the carbs.

hack job
    hey can you also post a pic of your alternator brakect chris is haveing some trouble findin one that works with the rail kit!thanks bud!

mud duck
    Just post all your pics. I want to see you braided hoses and fittings.

HBjet
    Well, that plate is for the throttle cable, and also I have my Y block for the fuel mounted under it. It's not really trick at all, but it works with inline carbs. Once I switch to 750dp's I'll be selling it with the carbs.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/DSCN6703.JPG[/img]
    Sorry the photo isn't better, I will take some more tomorrow. You should also be able to see how the hoses are routed, but there actually a little different from that photo. The lines were only installed for firing up the motor for the first time since winter. I changed a few things after my interior was installed.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/alt.JPG[/img]
    With rail kits (mine anyways) there is a provision on the passanger side of the front motor plate (see the little hole there) That is where you would mount the alternator, and then modify a bracket from the alternator to the cylinder head. Since my interior wasn't going to fit with that design, I cut and mounted mine on the bottom of the front motor plate and got a generaic bracked with a bend, cut it down and used that for the bracket. It's more functional then trick since the pulley cover covers everything.
    Let me know if you want to see more photos.
    HBjet
    [ August 26, 2002, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

hack job
    thanks rand that worked great !