Thread: Glamis Store Pic from 84

Wicky
    Ahhh back when Glamis was awesome. V8s were rare and Vdubs were everywhere. A CR 480 was almost king of all the dunes. LEs? Camping passes? Huh?
    Those were the daze. How about that Tears for Fears video "Everybody wants to rule the world" That seems like forever ago.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...Glamistore.jpg

Danhercules
    Dont forget those crazy high HP corvair motors!!!

Nubbs
    Thanks for posting that. It's amazing how much has changed since then.

HM
    Dirty Bob's and Clean Gene's....
    Those were some great days!!!

Wicky
    Dont forget those crazy high HP corvair motors!!!
    Those turboed corvairs were and still are bitchen!!!

Wicky
    Dirty Bob's and Clean Gene's....
    Those were some great days!!!
    Dirty Bob could fix anything. I think more people brought/drag their broken shit from home to Dirty Bob to get it fixed there. He was a damn good wrench.
    I remember a friend toasted his top end down there one time. We brought it into the tent and put a whole new top end on it. Can't do that with a four stroke.
    I toasted a tranny on my buggy. Bought a rebuilt one from clean gene for a couple hundred bucks. Took a few hours of wrenching but, I was back in action by the next day.

TOBTEK
    IS that the main store. Or Clean Jeans across the hwy? Never remember the main store being that small. ???

TOBTEK
    Dirty Bob could fix anything. I think more people brought/drag their broken shit from home to Dirty Bob to get it fixed there. He was a damn good wrench.
    I remember a friend toasted his top end down there one time. We brought it into the tent and put a whole new top end on it. Can't do that with a four stroke.
    I toasted a tranny on my buggy. Bought a rebuilt one from clean gene for a couple hundred bucks. Took a few hours of wrenching but, I was back in action by the next day.
    OLD BOB used come and sit with me at the parts desk back in the Alba Honda days when I was a parts geek. His season stocking order would take all day....was gnarley! 100's of TRX250R and ATC250R everything......