Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: day 3 without a smoke

I quit cold turkey a year and a half ago, after smoking for 18 years.
    this website helped. I must've read through it a hundred times.
    http://whyquit.com/
    and the msn group: http://groups.msn.com/FreedomFromTobaccoQuitSmokingNow/
    good luck!

maxwedge
    Once you get past the first 24hours, the hard part is over. Now you just have to not start again. After smoking a pack a day for years, I quit cold turkey one day and it finally took. I guess what worked best for me was to quit thinking about smoking. I found it pretty usefull to occupy all my time with new hobbies, etc. You know, rebuild a boat, learn to play guitar, make it a goal to have carnal knowledge of all the Hot Boat women, find Jesus and convince him to help you quit, whatever keeps your mind off smoking. Imortant thing is not to quit trying to quit. I must have quit 100's of times and thrown countless almost full packs of smokes out, only to buy a new pack a few hours or a day later, before I finally suceeded. Hardest thing I ever did, but for the life of me I still can't figure out why. Nicotine fuks with your head like that, but it's now been like 8 years or something? Fuk It's been so long now I can't remember how long it's been, but I have absolutely zero desire to smoke anymore. In fact I can't stand it. Kinda weird.
    Anyway, Good luck, it's way worth it to be able to breath again.

rrrr
    It would be easier to quit if you hadn't started smoking when you were nine.....
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1193753470

racecar.hotshoe
    I am in my 3rd week of not smoking.I wasnt that bad.I am on "Chantix" Its a big dollar pill but it does work well.Mark

diggler
    I quit with Chantix. (See above, there's multiple others it seems). It worked, but the most important thing was I had enough negatives to outweigh any desire to smoke again. What a mind-f*** the first few weeks were.

justfloatn
    Lost my dad to emphysema and now my mom has it; even though she smoking quit five years ago.
    If you don’t know someone who has emphysema let me explain. It takes around 8 to 10 years to run its course. Your lungs are attacking themselves and deteriorating inside your chest. You’re in and out of the hospital with your lungs filling up with fluid and infections three to four times a year. You slowly suffocate to death. In the final five or so years getting up to take a piss left him gasping for air. It looked like he ran 10 miles. I hate to say it but cancer looks like a quicker way out compared to emphysema.
    Hope this helps.
    I’m off my soap box now.

Debbolas
    ahhh yes.... the evil seed of doom....Dill pickle favor??? they are bad enough in their original state... Thanks FM ..but i may as well take a wire brush to my tounge.
    This is how Scream quit. Sunflower seeds and the patch
    You can do it!!!!

ULTRA26 # 1
    I quit with Chantix. (See above, there's multiple others it seems). It worked, but the most important thing was I had enough negatives to outweigh any desire to smoke again. What a mind-f*** the first few weeks were.
    So I'm not alone with this one on HB. . Good to know. Seems if a person really wants to quit, it's a done deal with Chantix. A guy that works for me started on the med about a month after I did. He it still smoke free too.

soupersonic
    trying to quit again
    Inhaling smoke is toxic even tho it seems calming. The calming part is the extra oxygen that you get by inhaling deeply. So when you get the urge or are feeling uptight about it, take a deep breathe and exhale it slowly like smoke (without the smoke of course) It works. I quit almost a year ago.
    I smoked for more than 20 years, if i can quit, you can do it.

Baja Big Dog
    Hooli.
    The PATCH....worked for me, leaves a little burn on your arm, and oh yea, if youre going to the bar, or you know your gonna be drinking, DO NOT..repeat DO NOT put on two or three patches!!! One will work fine...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast