Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quest, Cox or Vonage? In AZ Scottsdale area

cdog
    We're moving to Phoenix on Sat. Which utility is best for phone and DSL?

cdog
    They don't have Verizon FIOS in Scottsdale?
    The local telco is Quest. Verizon would have to be the local telco to make that work. I think.

cdog
    You're probably right. Probably not too much difference. You might google something like "Quest DSL Scottsdale AZ problems" just to see what other people are saying.
    We use Vonage, have for about 7 years. We use it with FIOS now, but we had DSL before. I'd go that way, obviously.
    Thanks. Vonage seems to be a good deal. You're happy with them. This stuff is such a pain in the ass. I don't want to deal with it again.

Ivan Dan
    So the day has finally come huh?

cdog
    So the day has finally come huh?
    Yep. We need to talk. I've got some refferal's to send to ya.

Outnumbered
    I have COX cable internet and it has been great but it is about $50 per month as a stand-alone. Qwest for phone has been fine. On a side note, be sure to set up your power billing on the 9pm-9am plan. Then delay-timer your dishwasher, laundry, pool pumps, etc to run at night. This will save you a ton of $$ in the summer time.

GUGS102
    Phone
    internet
    digital cable w/HD
    No problems or complaints. With two phone lines and above it's around $140 a month.
    Wife and I both work from home, don't have any connectivity problems unless someone smacks a pole.

Racey
    Every single time i've ever used DSL it has been a total P.O.S. compared to my Cox cable modem, the dsl always seems to disconnect, take forever to reconnect, have terrible latencey (delay), and poor throughput (bandwidth).
    My Cox cable modem on the other hand is 99.9% uptime, very fast, and has incredible bandwidth i get a full 1mbit upstream (around 130KB/sec), and 20mbit's downstream (about 2.5MB/sec).
    I can download an entire album worth of music (around 80mbs) in about 1 minute, i can't complain one bit about it for the $60 a month Dsl for 40-45 a month here in my neighborhood offers about 1/20th the speed.

cdog
    I went with cox 1.5 med speed set up. Now I have to buy a modem at the cox store for $59 Does best buy sell them cheaper? Signing up for Vontage next.
    Cox is $29 a month for stand alone internet and Vontage is $25 for the tele.

squirt'nmyload
    don't know which is better but we have cox cable for internet only and have no complaints. its about 50 bucks a month

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast