Thread: Jet Boat Video Link... just for fun

tyrolean_marcus
    Hello All,
    I'm new to this community and thought that I might share a couple of short amusing video clips that I put together of my boat. Especially since the boating season is pretty much over for most of us.
    Make sure your speakers are up... I think the music adds value to the video.
    Here is the most amusing one....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCD9-wqG-1I
    In my opinion the next one is not as cool... but it does show some interesting footage, especially when you consider that it was raining buckets when this clip was taken....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPX7ARDRmRE
    The Boat is a Python Vyper with a Berkley 12JG and a 454 with Bassett Water Jacketed (not injected) headers turning an American Turbine Double A impeller at 4800 rpm. For the record the Bassett Water Jacketed headers are a very recent addition. Previously I had logs with snail type risers. The headers produced a 200 rpm gain.
    Is this boat going too slow in light of the fact that it's turning an American Turbine AA impeller at 4800 rpm?
    BTW please feel free to leave a comment about the Video on the You Tube web page.
    Cheers,
    Marcus

Brrrrr! McDonald Beach looks chilly.
    Boat runs nice. 65 mph in a boat that big is pretty darned good I think. what length is it? Looks like you've got just a bit of porpoise on the big end.
    Some others won't agree, but your 200 rpm gain is pretty typical of the change over to headers that I've seen/done. I know several guys that made the switch and gained the same rpm without doing anything else.
    As for your speed and rpm vs impeller size, that would depend largely on what rpm your maximum horsepower is coming in at.
    Although you may gain a little bit by going to a smaller impeller (higher rpm), I don't think it would be worth messing with. I'd probably vote to leave it as is. 65 mph at 4800 rpm is excellent. You're not pounding on the motor and the speed is very respectable. In all liklihood you would probably lose some of the hole shot by going smaller impeller-wise too.

sanger rat
    Nice Python!

tyrolean_marcus
    Any other Pythons out there?..... I've virtually never seen one.
    I've tried finding information about them, but it seems to be scarce. If anyone has any info or pictures it would be appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Marcus

tyrolean_marcus
    [QUOTE=Squirtcha?;2868426]Brrrrr! McDonald Beach looks chilly.
    Boat runs nice. 65 mph in a boat that big is pretty darned good I think. what length is it? QUOTE]
    The title says it's a Python 20.... but in actual fact if you measure it from bow to stern it is 18 feet. Maybe if you included the jet it would be almost 20 feet.
    Cheers,
    Marcus

Looks bigger than an 18'. Maybe it's just because it's so deep. I would definitely think it's more boat (weight-wise) than most of our shallow V type hulls.

sanger rat