Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: insurance

USMC1812
    who is the best for insurance?

diggler
    USMC1812:
    who is the best for insurance?I went through about ten companies before I found one that would insure me. This was due to the horsepower, age, hull type, etc... Nobody wanted to touch it. I went through Boat U.S., but they aren't insuring me directly. They have me covered through some subsidiary of theres that does what they classify as "high risk" boats.

rccobra
    Try Progressive

Beavertim
    AAA is reasonably priced for a non-Hot looking boat (covered engine. Liesurecraft in Orange County (Ca) covered my old 19 ft Hallett with a 454/Bassetts. They didn't require inspection or pictures, or if they did require pictures they were OK with the scoop and headers. They were $460/yr, AAA is 275/yr. Tim P.S. Email me if you want Liesurecrafts Ph#

dankirk
    Try Westmar Marine Insurance. http://www.westmarinsurance.com/
    They specialize in boats and their rates are fair.

Eric455
    hey guy's i was wondering i have a 1978 south wind t-deck with 454/bassetts very clean garaged ever since out of the deal back in 1978. when i get insured and for some reason the engine goes dead on me will insurance cover the expences? i know i have to pay the deductable thats for sure but will they cover the rest.? any info will be great thanx
    eric

NorCal Gameshow
    for fun i tried west marine's online quote, it didn't like 1972 as year built ??????

sandblasted
    it probably won't be long before no insurance company will insure boats with over the transom headers...Due to burns...they are already jacking up premiums for those boats and some companies are cancelling policies altogether...The companies that build thru transom exhausts are going to make some $$ in the next few years...

USMC1812
    Eric455:
    hey guy's i was wondering i have a 1978 south wind t-deck with 454/bassetts very clean garaged ever since out of the deal back in 1978. when i get insured and for some reason the engine goes dead on me will insurance cover the expences? i know i have to pay the deductable thats for sure but will they cover the rest.? any info will be great thanx
    ericDoes anyone have an answer to this? I am sure that eventually the motor in my boat will be worth more than the hull.
    Thanks,
    Doug

Wet Dream
    Insurance companies absolutely WILL NOT cover an engine in a breakdown situation. They will however cover theft of the engine if it is written in the policy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast