Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Fitted, towable, canvas boat cover???

Nailhead
    I finally took mine over to King Kid cover on Friday, should be back tomorrow or Wednesday. 5 year warranty under $700 bones. I'll try get get pics up as soon as it comes homes.

coolchange
    Can I tow my boat with the cover you made for it on and what's the best way to wash and dry boat covers. I have a laundromat in town that has a washer with an extra large tub so I was just going to machine wash it with all temp Cheer and then put it over a couple of latters to dry. What do you think? When I get it on the boat I will take some pict of it, I have not seen a nicer boat cover. If you need a custom boat cover call COOLCHANGE!
    Thanks for the props. IF you use detergent you will wash out the water proofing. It can be retreated though. I have used a trash can (new clean) and soaked them in there. Bass fisherman are the worst, most of them tow with cover on with diesel trucks. Throw it over a clothes line and hose and scrub it that way if its not to bad. That thing has a butt load of seams and its what 10 years old? If they start to deteriorate let me know I'll restitch it for you. The seams are the first to go. Its double sewn and I cover the seams for the life of the cover to the original owner but since it ws Garys boat I'll cover it. I'm pretty sure I tailored it as a tow cover but there is no inner liner (sock). It should fit pretty tight with no flutter but make sure everthing is clean if you tow with it. Wouldn't want to jack up one of Garys paint jobs!

MEANSTREAK
    Thanks coolcahange, the cover wraps under the boat back to the dash so the whole front of the boat is protected thats why I thought it was towable. Is there anyway you could make a sock for it without having the boat there. Again what a BITCHEN cover.:sqeyes: Thanks for the props. IF you use detergent you will wash out the water proofing. It can be retreated though. I have used a trash can (new clean) and soaked them in there. Bass fisherman are the worst, most of them tow with cover on with diesel trucks. Throw it over a clothes line and hose and scrub it that way if its not to bad. That thing has a butt load of seams and its what 10 years old? If they start to deteriorate let me know I'll restitch it for you. The seams are the first to go. Its double sewn and I cover the seams for the life of the cover to the original owner but since it ws Garys boat I'll cover it. I'm pretty sure I tailored it as a tow cover but there is no inner liner (sock). It should fit pretty tight with no flutter but make sure everthing is clean if you tow with it. Wouldn't want to jack up one of Garys paint jobs!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Took about 3 days & looks great.http://http://inlinethumb34.webshots...500x500Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...02542672nnVtQY)
    I've got a cover like this that A-1 made me for my Hondo. It's just like this one going only halfway down the side of the boat. It worked well for about 5 years then the straps started getting dirty and weak. They wouldn't hold tight anymore resulting in the cover starting to flap.
    It happened slow so I didn't notice it right away. Eventually the rear straps put stress cracks in the side of the boat.
    I recommend Custom canvas because Ron's covers wrap the boat all the way down the side for better protection and his straps don't loosen up.
    If you have a show quality paint finish, the sock is the ticket.
    Keep an eye on those straps guys.

coolchange
    Thanks coolcahange, the cover wraps under the boat back to the dash so the whole front of the boat is protected thats why I thought it was towable. Is there anyway you could make a sock for it without having the boat there. Again what a BITCHEN cover.:sqeyes:
    Now I remember, All I remembered before was all the colors! Ya that was made as a tow cover. Should have Sunbrella Velcro straps too. Seems like a dog house for the T ram also. I really would need it to do it correctly. Especially for the under boat part.
    ALso those nylon straps may discolor the side of the boat depending on the type of strap.

DeltaSigBoater
    Custom Canvas in Montclair. (909) 981-7179
    I second that. Excellent quality stuff.
    Custom Canvas made our Towing Cover, Bimini with boot, & did the Upholstery all back back in 1987 everything has held up great. No complaints here!

the bandit
    re. custom boat covers. RANDY [SEW PRO 530 633 0409] just finished a cover for frankie's BAH the RED BARON & is doin the seat &cover for my BFH REININTHUNDER. excelent quality at a fair $. ANDY hope to see ya'all new years

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345