Thread: What do you think....

DSW

HCS
    Hmm...not sure, guess I'd have to see it live and ride in one.

BigDutch
    I think for the money youd be better off with a MB sports. Personally I think quality and craftsmen ship i a little/lot better on an MB. Or even try a Sanger V215 or V230.

YODA
    Looks nice...any other tower options? How much$$$ ?? Will there be a wakecraft display at the LA boat show this Feb?

Trailer Park Casanova
    That particular motor (the 360) sux a lotta fuel we're told.
    Looks like a nice set up though.
    Then pricing. If it's not outta whack, then re-sale isn't an issue.
    Some buyers are brand conscience, they tend to run with well know lines and hang with cliques of similar owners if ya want good re-sale.
    Ya gotta drive one in the chop then decide IMHO.
    We like a boat you can run all day long reguardless of the water conditions.
    Ya drive it, if you're comfortable in it, and ya like the price, then it may be the boat for you.
    Epic is similar and is struggling to get a market share.

HCS
    That particular motor (the 360) sux a lotta fuel we're told.
    Looks like a nice set up though.
    Then pricing. If it's not outta whack, then re-sale isn't an issue.
    Some buyers are brand conscience, they tend to run with well know lines and hang with cliques of similar owners if ya want good re-sale.
    Ya gotta drive one in the chop then decide IMHO.
    We like a boat you can run all day long reguardless of the water conditions.
    Ya drive it, if you're comfortable in it, and ya like the price, then it may be the boat for you.
    Epic is similar and is struggling to get a market share.
    I like to waterski so chop isn't an issue. I don't go where the chop is.
    Your right though, that's a tuff market to jump into.
    Price is an issue but name brand is what most people want. Just like the heavy hitters with their big buck boats.

DSW
    Looks nice...any other tower options? How much$$$ ?? Will there be a wakecraft display at the LA boat show this Feb?
    Yes they will be at the boat show, and so will the boat i ordered a few days ago. $59500.00 loaded w/trailer. Even comes with 20's on the trailer, and a 1950 watt stereo.

new2cats
    Check out Svfara boats..had one...really, really nice ski/wakeboard/family boat. Made in Canada and #1 boat sold in Asian market (not spam...we sold it anyway).
    http://www.svfara.com/

Trailer Park Casanova
    I'm no expert, but we do know what we like in a Wakeboard boat, and we have done our homework.
    We have found the best Wakeboard boats have displacement hulls as opposed to Planing hulls.
    Most the planing hull wakeboard boats out there are simply 28 year old re-graphic'd ski boats.
    Displacement deep V gives a far better ride in the chop too.
    In a displacement hull boat, you hit a paradox on horsepower.
    Once the sufficent and adequate amount of power needed to do the job is determined, more HP will only burn more fuel, ya won't get any more performance.
    In our case, as in many others, 340hp was the ceiling. Friends with the 360's only burn more fuel. No more speed than us, no more acceleration,, nothing.
    The 360 hp is usually a $5000 option too.
    Yeah,, at the regattas in the marinas, the owners pull back the engine hatch and let everyone see their 360's and 400's,, but what's the point?
    The 340 HP burns 6 GPH, the 360 11 GPH, the 400hp 14 gph for the same results.
    Towing kids around all day it adds up quick through the summer.
    If you don't buy what I say here:
    At the LA boat show, go to the Mercury exhibit, and the factory engineer will give you all the math on every builders boat, and Mercs recomended HP rating for that boat based on ability to do the job and fuel economy.
    He'll tell you any more power is a money burner.
    The Displacement hull boats nose rides lower in the water compaired to the planing hull boats.
    Especially the deep V, rocker hull/taps Tige's. They ride almost level in tow, even bagged. They go through chop like a hot knife through butter.
    Sit at the roadrunner and watch the boats pass.
    Most WB brands the driver usually has to stand up to see over the dashboard while in tow. The nose way up in the air. Hard to see oncoming boat traffic.
    Many builders even have a flip up seat booster cushion for the driver. Like sitting on phone books.
    That's crazy.
    The Tige' rides almost level. I get maybe a 8" rise towing. The deep V rocker hull rolls forward underway and the driver can easily see over the dash.
    Deep V, T.A.P.S. for clean good form wake control, rocker displacement hull is the state of the art, finest kine way.
    These are just my takes from my observations, I'm no pro.
    Ya buy what ya love.

HCS
    Excellent observations. :idea: