Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Town of Bodie

Her454
    LMAO, I know I've read some stories about Bodie on here so I did a search to look them up......... Ended up with ONE thread with very little information and a thousand others that had people spelling Body (BODIE), Everybody (EVERYBODIE) and a bunch of aliases down in Bench Racers.
    Geeeeeeeeeeeeeez.
    SO.........Anyone know the best time of year that EVERYBODY goes to BODIE?

OCMerrill
    Been there many times.
    Winter is not a good time and they do close for the season. June through September is what we shoot for. Wind can blow.
    The Bodie curse is don't take anything with you (pick up and take as there is vintage stuff everywhere lying about) or you will have serious bad luck.
    Enter off HWY 395 about 20 mi north of Lee Vining and Mono Lake. Bodie Road is about 13 miles long to the guard shack/pay booth. Last three miles of this road is dirt.
    Once you park you just foot it around and look at all the buildings and the town in very much the original un-restored condition.

dont go in the winter it gets tons of snow...I think they close it down.....It is awesome from what i hear...never been but do know it snows like crazy....tiny little road to get in...so might be impassable with snow....

Her454
    What is the "season"? So would tomorrow be out of the question per weather?

I was there last week and the weather was perfect. T shirt weather. Just check to make sure no storms or heavy wind are scheduled before you go. It was WELL worth the trip. 2nd time I've been.
    The main season ends at Labor day and my impression is from the info person it's much more crowded then.

Her454
    I was there last week and the weather was perfect. T shirt weather. Just check to make sure no storms or heavy wind are scheduled before you go. It was WELL worth the trip. 2nd time I've been.
    The main season ends at Labor day and my impression is from the info person it's much more crowded then.
    Thanks Mike, thats what I was looking for. I've always wanted to go and Im getting stir crazy so I thought it might be a day trip.

Thanks Mike, thats what I was looking for. I've always wanted to go and Im getting stir crazy so I thought it might be a day trip.
    I highly recommend it. It was part of a 2 week trip for me, covering 6 states and 3500 miles.
    Now about the who's who thread... :idea:

Her454
    I highly recommend it. It was part of a 2 week trip for me, covering 6 states and 3500 miles.
    Now about the who's who thread... :idea:
    I had planned on going last week.... imagine that heheheh.
    I knew that was coming...........I tried but I just couldn't find it............ damn thing always disappears.

I knew that was coming...........I tried but I just couldn't find it............ damn thing always disappears.
    That would have been classic had you showed up in my camera lens unexpectedly tromping around in the dirt.
    Always here to assist. (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61389)

If you want a great view of Mono lake go out the southern road to hwy 167 I think it is. But it's a 17 mile dirt road and very much washboarded out. I went that way because I was going east to Utah next. If you ever want to truly go to no mans land head east on that to Hawthorne, then drop down to Tonopah and east on the 6 to Ely across central Nevada. Passed about 6 cars in 300 miles or so.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast