Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone here of JET BOAT ENGINEERING in Tulsa OK

svtrich
    I heard they were building 19 cheyennes but where can I find there #.
    Richard

Jake W
    Not sure about that , but Wyatt is making 18 and 20 ft tunnel Young blood copies .At 7000 apice cry for bare glass there was one in the Boat trader awhile back.Does any one know what Wyatt Earp is calling his boat building buis now since it is not Condor any more?
    Thanks Jake

Hermosa
    svtrich:
    I heard they were building 19 cheyennes but where can I find there #.
    Richard Dude, you're on the net, look it up...... 918-489-5967

Dog
    If it is not a true cheyenne mold or you don't want to spend the extra money to have the bottom done i would pass. I don't know who has this mold you are talking about but there are a lot of splash molds around this area.

Duane HTP
    I would also pass on that hull. It takes too much bottom work to make them run. The man who used to make Condor boats just bought the true Cheyenne molds that Papp used to have. I think he is going to make a limited number of them a year. I have spoken for the first two, but don't know when that will be because of illness in his family.I hope it is soon. Duane HTP
    [ September 10, 2003, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Duane HTP ]

Jake W
    Duane what do you think of one of Wyatts 18 foot tunnel Young blood Copies?I think it was you that said after about 105 they come un hooked am I rembering right?
    Thanks Jake

Dog
    There are a lot of these around here also. Just from watching them run and talking to people that have ran them they seem to porpoise pretty bad.

Jake W
    Thanks Dog (sounds like I am from the hood)
    I was thinking fo trying to find one for a lake boat it would be a 85 mph boat do you think it would serve it perpous(sp).And if you have a line on one that is just the hull let me know would you.Thanks Jake wink

sdba069
    Hey Duane......I believe Jay Ernsy bought the molds from Kustom Kraft(Jimmy Dominick) and is contracting with Irving to build the boats.Those are the original Cheyenne molds.As far as I know Papp never had the molds.You know those molds have flat keels and have to have the drop keels added. The JBE molds are here in Texas,but right now nothing is happening with them.The boat they popped for that mold had a drop keel in it.Just like you said,the JBE bottoms are nasty,but can be worked.I've owned 3 of them and with considerable work made them run pretty good.From experience with Irving's boats,he can build a quality piece and I look forward to seeing one.

sdba069
    As far as the 18' Youngblood tunnels..with the addition of trim plates and getting the balance worked out they will fly.The 20 footers without the addition of some keel or a ton of shoe seem to run up against a brick wall at about 100 -105 mph.They start running out of water about there.I've seen one 20' out of southern Ok. with a twin turbo BBC with NOS run around 115 mph but it had a nice drop keel on it.I think the 18' is one of the cleanest looking tunnels around.Condor built some nice ones.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast