Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ca DMV motorcycle license ????

Get415
    I already have the permit but not sure about taking the M1 road test. Whats the easiest...just sign up for one of those (3) day schools that gets you licensed or just take the DMV test.
    Other problem is i dont think i can pass on my bike (road king)?????
    and what does the dmv test consist of?

YeLLowBoaT
    I would highly recomend taking the class... it will teach you things that you need to SURVIE driving on the street.
    the test is not that bad... you go a short distance one way showing that you can up shift, down shift and brake smoothly. then you have to be able to drive in a tight circle( between two lines, this will be hard with a road king) I beleave there is a salom of cones as well. Its been 7-8 years since I took the test. I no longer ride on the street.

RitcheyRch
    Take the class and most of them give you a certificate to take to DMV to get your license.
    I took a class through Nelson Motorcycle Training Center that was held at College of the Canyons in Valencia.

Get415
    ok thanks. i figuered the class would be the way to go, but didnt really have the time to do it. Guess i'll have to adjust the schedule....if only i dated someone from the DMV and got the hookup... oh well

DILLIGAF
    Take the class as the safety class never hurt anybody. It may also help you realize a couple of things that you are doing that are dangerous.
    My GF is going thru a class soon out in AZ.

RitcheyRch
    The class isnt bad. I actually enjoyed it and was fun to buzz around on their little 250 cc motorcycles.
    ok thanks. i figuered the class would be the way to go, but didnt really have the time to do it. Guess i'll have to adjust the schedule....if only i dated someone from the DMV and got the hookup... oh well

Kindsvater Flat
    When I got mine I took it on a friends dual sport rather than trying on the fatboy. Much easier to do.

Troy McClure
    If you're an experience rider, I'd just take the road test. Not that hard, I passed it on a Fat Boy. If you can ride, you can do it.
    If NOT an experienced rider, take the class. I guess it would be worth the time according to the others above.
    Good luck.

INSman
    Take the class as the safety class never hurt anybody. It may also help you realize a couple of things that you are doing that are dangerous.
    My GF is going thru a class soon out in AZ.
    Quit braggin' about having a GF and shit ...

Please take the class and then take the advanced class... You won't believe how much it will help your driving skills. You should be able to pass the test on a Road King or a Bagger, with no problems at all. If you can't, you should take the classes again...
    Steve

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast