Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hey Charger fans, there is always next year!

Tremor Therapy
    I say this as a rabid, die hard, 35 year Charger fan
    .....we suck, and AJ Smith is the direct cause of our decline. Yes, I said our decline! We got rid of the second best coach we ever had, one that was popular with the players as well as the fan base. AJ hired his puppet Norv, and we are enjoying the fruits of his EGO! I don't remember the last time I saw a Marty coached team have 4 losses in a season where the team looked utterly unprepared.....TOTALLY F*CKING UNPREPARED TO PLAY THE OTHER TEAM!
    We kept a quaterback with happy feet, and traded away the one who can actually play in this league. In our 4 losses AJ's quarterback could not have won against a high school team, and damn near accounted for more points for the opposition than we scored! We let the best pass defense linebacker in the league walk away to a rival, and did nothing to upgrade our team in the offseason....tell me, where are our 2007 draft picks and free agents contributing on this team besides Weddle?
    I have never seen such assinine play calling and lack of preparation. And I can start it with some very simple observations.
    1) When there is an 8 man front or the other team is continuously run blitzing, why do you continue to pound LT into the middle of the field for no gain?
    2) When the other team is continously defending you in an 8 man front and run blitzing, where are your check-off plays?
    3) When the other team is continously defending you in an 8 man front and run blitzing, where are your quick short pass plays to the middle of the field?
    4) When the other team is continously defending you in an 8 man front and run blitzing, you need to move passing plays into the shot gun, or create a rolling pocket early in the game, play no huddle, or any number of other things to get the defense out of their rythum!
    5) When it is painfully obvious that the other team is not going to throw the ball, why are your corners and safety's playing 10-20 yards off the ball?
    I bleed Charger colors, and will always bleed Charger colors, but when you cannot play any offense, and you cannot play any defense, especially to a team that is not going to throw the ball, at all......PLEASE!! This team was totally unprepared to play, and that is 4 losses on the year where we were unprepard to play! I am sick of the AJ apologists and the Phillip Rivers apologists. AJ's ego got us into this mess, and we will live and die with his streaky quarterback.

Tremor Therapy
    Come on Mark, you know I live and breathe with this team.....but I have never seen a team play 4 games where they look so unprepared to play a professional football game.....especially the team with the last ranked pass defense in the league!

Havasu1986
    Come on Mark, you know I live an breathe with this team.....but I have never seen a team play 4 games where they look so unprepared to play a professional football game.....especially the team with the last ranked pass defense in the league!
    Aren't they still in 1st place. And who was running the team for their 4 wins.

Big Warlock
    .....we suck, and AJ Smith is the direct cause of our decline. Yes, I said our decline! We got rid of the second best coach we ever had, one that was popular with the players as well as the fan base. AJ hired his puppet Norv, and we are enjoying the fruits of his EGO! I don't remember the last time I saw a Marty coached team have 4 losses in a season where the team looked utterly unprepared.....TOTALLY F*CKING UNPREPARED TO PLAY THE OTHER TEAM!
    We kept a quaterback with happy feet, and traded away the one who can actually play in this league. In our 4 losses AJ's quarterback could not have won against a high school team, and damn near accounted for more points for the opposition than we scored! We let the best pass defense linebacker in the league walk away to a rival, and did nothing to upgrade our team in the offseason....tell me, where are our 2007 draft picks and free agents contributing on this team besides Weddle?
    I have never seen such assinine play calling and lack of preparation. And I can start it with some very simple observations.
    1) When there is an 8 man front or the other team is continuously run blitzing, why do you continue to pound LT into the middle of the field for no gain?
    2) When the other team is continously defending you in an 8 man front and run blitzing, where are your check-off plays?
    3) When the other team is continously defending you in an 8 man front and run blitzing, where are your quick short pass plays to the middle of the field?
    4) When the other team is continously defending you in an 8 man front and run blitzing, you need to move passing plays into the shot gun, or create a rolling pocket early in the game, play no huddle, or any number of other things to get the defense out of their rythum!
    5) When it is painfully obvious that the other team is not going to throw the ball, why are your corners and safety's playing 10-20 yards off the ball?
    I bleed Charger colors, and will always bleed Charger colors, but when you cannot play any offense, and you cannot play any defense, especially to a team that is not going to throw the ball, at all......PLEASE!! This team was totally unprepared to play, and that is 4 losses on the year where we were unprepard to play! I am sick of the AJ apologists and the Phillip Rivers apologists. AJ's ego got us into this mess, and we will live and die with his streaky quarterback.
    Well said!!

Not So Fast
    Sad to say but I believe the man is right Its not so much the loss but the manner in which we got beat that just crushes my spirit. Sad,sad day indeed!!!!!!!!!! NSF

Daddy_G
    I had the "pleasure" of watching the game up here in Carefree, AZ.
    My wife and I were the only Bolts fans in the place among a house full of freakin' snow-turd Viking fans....
    And I'm sad to report that the Vikings beat our Chargers all game long!
    They looked like the Bolts of 2-3 years ago when LT couldn't get a hole if he had a shovel!

Not So Fast
    I had the "pleasure" of watching the game up here in Carefree, AZ.
    My wife and I were the only Bolts fans in the place among a house full of freakin' snow-turd Viking fans....
    And I'm sad to report that the Vikings beat our Chargers all game long!
    They looked like the Bolts of 2-3 years ago when LT couldn't get a hole if he had a shovel!
    Dont you just hate that, stay the f--k in your own GD state, snow birds SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ASS NSF

DEMOMAN
    I am a current 10 year season ticket holder and you could not be more correct. Do the Chargers have any pass routes with cuts. It seems like the receivers are always floating down the sidelines. Where the hell was our run blitz against Peterson. The Vikes have 2 of the biggest DT's in the league, why are we pounding it at them every 1st down. Pitch it outside, run a screen, a slant, a reverse, anything. I could go on and on. At least the Colts are coming next Sun. That should be a walk thru.

Daddy_G
    Dont you just hate that, stay the f--k in your own GD state, snow birds SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ASS NSF
    Yeah, ya don't see me relocating to Minnesota and driving around all fast sportin' my Suns and Chargers gear every summer!

Fire Angler
    The Chargers have a good team. The problem is Norv Turner! This guy will turn any team into a loser. Fire Norv and the Sparklers will be fine.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast