Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hot boat write ups?

Well, everyone was selectively kind here. No hard opinions on ther write ups either way. If you bag on Hot Boat do those monitors delete you or your comment ?

whiteworks
    If you bag on Hot Boat do those monitors delete you or your comment ?
    You dont want to go there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJCa6Bp6vOo

You dont want to go there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJCa6Bp6vOo
    I see.....cheers to Hot Boat, what a great magazine!

Daddy_G
    Here's my 2 cents:
    Once you know what kind of boat you want to accomplish your boating objectives and you're drilling down manufacturers. Come back to the Sandbox here and try to find all the negative stuff you can about them.
    I recently upgraded deck boats from a 24' Cheetah to a a 28' Shockwave.
    There are a ton of 28' deck boats out there and my decisions became much easier when I could not find a single negative reply about Shockwave from these fine posters.
    Opinions are like assholes, we all have one but you gotta sift through the stinky ones to find one you you like - whoa that was freakin' deep!
    Best of luck in your decisions.

there is a guy on here that builds a nice 21 footer...with nice power....DCM...I think....donohue custom marine.....look like real quality boats....nice all around boat...I don't know what they cost but i would guess they are not crazy prices like some.....good luck on the decision.....
    boat show is only 3 months away....usually find good deals on used around this time cause everyone is selling to buy new....

MADDOG355
    there is a guy on here that builds a nice 21 footer...with nice power....DCM...I think....donohue custom marine.....look like real quality boats....nice all around boat...I don't know what they cost but i would guess they are not crazy prices like some.....good luck on the decision.....
    boat show is only 3 months away....usually find good deals on used around this time cause everyone is selling to buy new....
    Badblown572 is the man,
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167052
    Check that thread.
    It really just boils down to what YOU like/want. It is a buyers market so you should be able to find a nice boat for your money. Don't rule out the pontoons and deck boats, (you can never have enought room if you have kids).

Xlration Marine
    The quality of print that one gets from hot boat has a direct effect on how much money is spent on add's and the size of the add. Look back in the mid 90's. Fountain never placed an add untill it was time to get an award. At that time they would have a six page add, and get boat of the year. The old saying is win on sunday and sell on monday. There are some builders that build a piece of kachina opps I mean chit, and get good print cuz he buy's an add every month. Nordic builds a good boat and word of moth sold them back in the day, not an add in hot boat. For instance, honda won truck of the year??? Thats a piece of chit, trucks have V8's not a 6 banger. But honda has money. Are you starting to get it. Take what hot boat has to say with a grain of salt. Look around this forum and see the issues that these kind people have with their boats. Yes there are many opionions but I'm sure you will wead out the bad ones. Good luck.

It's a very tough situation for the editors of H B or Powerboat or whoever.
    The very boat manufactrurer that they're reporting on is also the same
    people buying up the advertising space etc.
    If HB rags too hard on anyone, they fear that they would lose the money
    that pays their bills. Very hard to be 100% objective when doing so could
    put you out of business.
    Keith Sayre
    PS--just spent a couple of days with Chris Davidson (former editor of Hot Boat).. New upcoming company called "Performance Boats" was doing
    boat tests at cottonwood Cove this past week. Lots of the same familiar
    faces there (that's a good thing)! Very well run op, with Chris at the helm,
    Greg Shoemaker, Gary Taylor,Fernando Escovar, Kevin Spaise, Jim Wilkes, even Havasu's own Todd Taylor!
    Don't all those guys work at Hot Boat???? Would piss me off if employees go into competition against me while on my payroll?????

phebus
    Don't all those guys work at Hot Boat???? Would piss me off if employees go into competition against me while on my payroll?????
    Ex employees. ***boat is under new ownership, and there was a changing of the guard.

I read somewhere here that, Davidson the former editor ,is the one who bought Hot Boat ???

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234