Thread: Odyssey Vs. optima?

EmpirE231
    any feedback? for a offroad truck... turn it on..lights and a littlke sound system? :idea:

Nord
    I am very happy with my Optima's. I will find out how long they last as next season will be my 3rd year with them..............standby

jbtrailerjim
    Odyssey! I run one in my truck and two in the boat. I have big stereo systems in both. I can crank my systems for hours and I have yet to run them dead. They're not cheap though. My brother in law is a dealer for them. Give him a call if you're interested. His name is Alan and the owner. Tell him Jimmy told you to call. FYI...They're closed today. Open Tues-Saturday
    Audio Shoppe, Inc.
    6760 Central Avenue Unit A
    Riverside, Ca. 92504
    (951) 787-0550

Racey
    Odyssey seems to be a pretty well built product, i see them in every single off-road race car/trophy truck i've seen, and that is pretty much the most punishing environment for a battery, lots of jarring and vibration. Dunsmore has told me they had problems with Optima's in some v-drive turbo boats with vibration killing them in one weekend of ski racing. They switched back to interstate standard batteries over Optimas,
    I put odysseys in the SR-22 when we redid it at the begining of the summer, they are a great product, worth the money IMO, and the 2 year warranty is nice. I think they odysseys will outlast optimas in just about all areas.

mbrown2
    Dunsmore has told me they had problems with Optima's in some v-drive turbo boats with vibration killing them in one weekend of ski racing. They switched back to interstate standard batteries over Optimas,
    Schiada told me the same thing...something to do with the spiral design of the Optimas and the harmonics created from the V Drives cause them to break down internally...

Hal
    I was just getting ready to go pick up 2 Odyssey batteries in Corona for for $296.00. I seen this post and called Allen. He will have them in the morning at a savings of $50.00. Can't beat that. Thanks for the info Jim.