Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woo Hoo, my driveway is done.

Jyruiz
    Should be a lot easier to put the boat away now that the apron has also been extended. I would have to back up the boat sideways at first because the trailer would hit the driveway since there is an incline and then I would have to straighten the trailer out going back and forth so my front left wheel on the tow vehicle would not hit the curb. When this happened the back wheels would then be spinning digging itself and throwing rocks all over the place trying to get the front wheel over the curb. Now I should be able to get the boat in with just one try. I would hate having to do all that cause I was always in a hurry because my street is kind of busy with traffic most of the time. Here is a before and after pic.
    Thanks Zach at Samons for the great work and price.
    Before,
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1194297515
    After
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1194297515

Havasu1986
    Looks nice Juan. Do you have to get permits for the street work.

Jyruiz
    Looks nice Juan. Do you have to get permits for the street work.
    Yes, but Zach took care of that for me. The city would also not let him pour in that two foot section you see missing, don't know why, but I am going to get some cement pavers to put in there. He said that city would not have any problem with that since they are removable.

Havasu1986
    Yes, but Zach took care of that for me. The city would also not let him pour in that two foot section you see missing, don't know why, but I am going to get some cement pavers to put in there. He said that city would not have any problem with that since they are removable.
    Is your water meter over there. We had to the same on my driveway.

Ziggy
    Yes, but Zach took care of that for me. The city would also not let him pour in that two foot section you see missing, don't know why, but I am going to get some cement pavers to put in there. He said that city would not have any problem with that since they are removable.Cool Juan.....
    Wired how they wouldn't let you pour that one little section but there probably is some sort of utility underground there causing an easement on the plans...Chances are if you wait for a few months you can mix 5 bags of concrete and put it in there without ever needing to adjust anything in the future...

Jyruiz
    Is your water meter over there. We had to the same on my driveway.
    No, it is on the other side, that is why we thought that was wierd.
    Cool Juan.....
    Wired how they wouldn't let you pour that one little section but there probably is some sort of utility underground there causing an easement on the plans...Chances are if you wait for a few months you can mix 5 bags of concrete and put it in there without ever needing to adjust anything in the future...
    Yeah, he said some people wait for a year and do that exact thing.

Not So Fast
    Good job Juan I had those horrible rolled curbs in front of the driveway and wanted them to be removed and blended in with the street level as it was cracking my trailer welds. The city wanted complete plot plans and all to issue a permit, somehow it got poured without a permit. The city is totally unreasonable when it comes to certain things NSF

djunkie
    I can't wait to do a huge burnout when you aren't there. Kinda like marking my spot.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Looks good...

Jyruiz
    I can't wait to do a huge burnout when you aren't there. Kinda like marking my spot.
    Go for it, but watch out for my cross the street neighbors, they call me any time there is a vehicle parked on my driveway. They take plates down and call the cops if I tell them I don't recognize them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast