Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So I guess it's back to Cali.

v-drive
    Our son and daughter in law live in verrado just past buckeye. It's a young community and is very nice. They lived in queen creek the first 3years and have lived in verrado for 2 years now. I think anyone looking to move to az should give this place a once over. v-drive

AZJD
    Our son and daughter in law live in verrado just past buckeye. It's a young community and is very nice. They lived in queen creek the first 3years and have lived in verrado for 2 years now. I think anyone looking to move to az should give this place a once over. v-drive
    Wow, Queen creek and Verrado! Are they planning on living in the city anytime?

Not So Fast
    After living in So Cal for oh, 60+ years and driving the freeways for work I could not hate that place more that I do. So Orange Co was fine about 25 yrs ago but it sucks with the rest of it now all the way to the border too. Been here for 5+ years and although Havasu has its probs it nothing compared to the hell hole called So Cal. I would be able to go back period! NSF

Daddy_G
    Gotta chime in here.
    My wife and I were both born and raised in So Cal.
    We finally got fed up with all the congestion and dirtiness (from the sky to the streets to the people!).
    Can't stand the sticky air near the beach either.
    So 2+ years ago we uprooted our family and moved to far north Scottsdale.
    We are at about 3000 elevation (just east of Carefree).
    It rarely gets over 105 in the summer and we actually get real snow in the winter!
    The kids are in the Cave Creek district.
    The streets, stores and restaurants are NEVER crowded.
    And I ride my KX right out of my garage onto Federal open land.
    And the run to Havi is a 3 hour traffic-less dream.
    All our family is in So Cal and I own a business there so we go back frequently and when we do, we're like,
    "How the heck did we ever live here!
    We have died and gone to heaven!
    Just MHO.

squirt'nmyload
    Jason, you can't judge Az on Scottsdales alone. I live in scottsdale, (old town) and love it but the people are who they are! I am not making life long friends with the people I meet in the bars. It sure is nice to walk to and from the bars when I want to though.
    I was born and raised in Anaheim, and I am a proud ex-resident of the OC, but with that being said. I hate So Cal, and wouldn't go back for all the $$$ in the world. Az has so much more to offer. I hope it works out for you, but I really think this will be a decision you regret somewhat in the future.
    very true.....if you are leaving az due to the people in scottsdale then that is pretty sad. you should've got out more. i moved here from Pittsburgh, Pa 7 years ago and have no plans of going anywhere else.

909punk
    Its not just because of the Scottsdale people.. hell. I knew what I was getting into moving here.
    There is to much bullcrap involved in the whole thing and I'm just tired of living it in. Just don't feel like spilling my guts on a message board.
    AZ was cool when I first got here, the winters rock, when I am able to hit the water in the summer its a great time.. If you live by the ocean in Cali and come here, it f***s with your head, at lease for me it did and my wife everyday would say she wants to go back.. Well she got what she wants and like I said.. I either follow or i'm on my own.

909punk
    Hope it doesn't end up this way for us. We've had our house on the market for a month, when it sells we're off to Scottsdale or Cavecreek. I have a job waiting but my wife is flying blind. I lived out there for a couple of years before & loved it, but my wife has never lived anywhere but SoCal. She's luke warm on the idea right now, I'm hoping once she makes some friends & gets a job she likes it will be all good from there.
    Your me 3.5 years ago.

photo chick
    I was born and raised in So Cali. I left Thousand Oaks 4 years ago, not my decision. I do not like my neighborhood here in North Dallas. The women here make Cali women seem sweet. Being a woman without kids here is unexceptable!!! I made myself get out and start doing things 2 years ago or else I'd have gone crazy. Having done that, I love what I'm doing but I still don't like it here!! Winter is approaching and I can't stand it. I'm fortunate enough to get to go back to Cali a lot and to Phoenix often... I'd move back to Cali in a heartbeat.

caroftheweek
    Well, we moved to Prescott in July from Moreno Valley and I don't have
    words to say how much better it is. I am originally from Mission Viejo in
    south OC and AZ is still better than that.
    We have been back many times since we moved and everytime as we are
    leaving to come back to AZ my wife and I look at eachother and smile
    knowing that there is no way we will come back.

cdog
    We just left anaheim hills and moved to scottsdale (greyhawk area), so far it's real nice. We've wanted to make the move for quite a while. No more 6+ hour drives to havasu and more day trips to pleasent. I just hope I can make some $$$ in this market. I understand why people have a hard time leaving socal. But you have to look at the full picture, where you want to go, how you want to live and what you want out of life. If socal is it for you, that's great! If not, try something else. You can always go back.
    Good luck 909.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast