Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats Considered Rich/Wealthy

dirty old man
    The Demo's are always whineing about the top 2% not paying their fair share of taxes, and the next 10% this and that, but what is considered wealthy in todays world. Our friends are almost all retired, 60/70ish and no one is worth under $5m - $10m, the still working make $250,000/year or more. When we look at all you young/uns, we wonder how you do it; cars, boats, RV's, toyboxes, sandrails and summer homes. We're very comfortable, but will the boomers make it? If you're less than a millionaire, are you poor?

Jbb
    Tom Brown...

LhcBrad
    You might have the nicest house and the biggest boat but you also might have the most payments. I rather live withen my means and have no or very little debt. Im sure there are some who can afford the payments but things do and can change.

SB
    http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/103815/Where-Do-You-Stand-on-America's-Wealth-Spectrum

2forcefull
    My father is very rich, He has cattle on every hill!!!

2forcefull
    and don't worry about the young'ins, they're gonna get your 10 m

new2cats
    New guy's opinion.....if you can buy what your heart desires, have what your family needs and sleep without medication, YOU JUST MAY BE RICH.....
    If stress or worry accompanies your material wealth, then... rich you aint!!!
    I think $500k annually will do it for most folks (if you have no drug habits)!!!
    IMHO.

boatsnblondes
    Well, I was always taught there are two types of wealth....one is in assets, the other in liquidity.....I was taught the true wealth is in liquidity...i.e. you are not truly a millionaire if you can not go down to the bank right now and pull out one mil in cash.....my folks are millionares on paper, if they sold it all, then it turns liquid...hope this helps....a little....

Jbb
    I think Photo Chick is pretty rich too...

selfmade
    The wealthy guy pays the rich guys salary.
    Kobe(Rich)/Jerry Buss(Wealthy)
    A-Rod(Rich)/George Steinbrenner(Wealthy)

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast