Thread: Alternator Bracket

DEL51
    I am finishing up on my engine install and need to purchase an alternator and bracket.The front engine plate doesn't have a mount and I was unable to use my old plates, which were designed to hold the 4 bolt prestolite.What I would like to do is use a non marine alternator with 2 bolt holes,chrome of course.The bracket selection isn't much. Does anyone know where to get a lower right mounting bracket.This is for an open engine bay and Big block Mark IV chev.

wideopen545
    i used a smog pump bracket and drilled my lower plate works great iam running a blown 454 we also used a ford alt with a one wire piggyback unit on it

wsuwrhr
    I run mine off the pump with a bracket I made.
    Brian

DEL51
    Thanks for the input,I will scope out the boneyard for something to fit.I would like to run it off the back side but don't have the time for that as I am hoping to get some time in it while the weather is still good.

WETDAWG
    Try PAW, if not it's really not that hard to make an altenator bracket.
    The hot rod mags ( ie> street rodder) have a lot of ads for custom brackets.

wsm9808
    I'm not sure what your new plate looks like, but I just drilled and tapped a hole on the port side of my motor plate near the top edge and ran a bolt through the lower hole of a car alt and bolted it right to the plate. I can email you a pic if you want.

DEL51
    Wsm9808, I would appreciate a photo if you have the time.You can e-mail me and if my address doesn't work post it here. Address is Richard1929@webtv.net or try Richard1929@msntv.net, I think they are dopping the webtv name, but unsure of what will work.Thanks,Chris

wsm9808
    Check your email del51, if you need another angle or cant make out the pics, let me know and I'll try again.