Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whos hull design?

Widetrack
    I just bought this boat and trying to find who splashed and what mold design? The boat was built in California first part of this year and just rigged to ship to me. Any info. on this would be helpful! Thanks.http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...obyBoat004.jpg

DeltaSigBoater
    Your boat is a splash of the old Spectra 19. Several builders copied the boat over the years including Eliminator, Tahiti, Caribbean, Hawaiian, Hallett, and most recently Powerboats Inc.
    If you're looking for specs check the Spectra Marine (http://www.spectramarine.com/) site.
    Congrats on the new ride!

Widetrack
    Thanks for the info. I was told it was a Hawaiian but I wanted to know its original mold! This boat was not built in Norco though some individual I think made this one off the mold. Powerboats said they were trying to buy the molds. My info. is or may not be accurate!!!!! Thanks this helped me a lot!!!!
    Now I know what to call this boat, HINES 57

We never had that mold at Hawaiian and I don't think that Hallett did either. They did have their own version of the old 18 Spectra though.
    Jerry Gilbreth bought the 19 molds from Spectra went they went under and had some kinda deal with Eliminator to build them. He offered them under his own name too, GMT I think

DeltaSigBoater
    Thanks for the info. I was told it was a Hawaiian but I wanted to know its original mold! This boat was not built in Norco though some individual I think made this one off the mold. Powerboats said they were trying to buy the molds. My info. is or may not be accurate!!!!! Thanks this helped me a lot!!!!
    Now I know what to call this boat, HINES 57
    Powerboats Inc., formerly Hawaiian Powerboats Inc., had this exact boat at the LA Boat Show back in February, $19K with no motor, $23k for SBC & $28isK for a BBC.
    What I've learned about the boat business is everyone has a friend or knows a guy who has the molds to this or that, and he'll lay one up for you at the "friend price."
    Glad I was able to help you out!

Powerboats Inc., formerly Hawaiian Powerboats Inc., had this exact boat at the LA Boat Show back in February, $19K with no motor, $23k for SBC & $28isK for a BBC.
    What I've learned about the boat business is everyone has a friend or knows a guy who has the molds to this or that, and he'll lay one up for you at the "friend price."
    Glad I was able to help you out!
    I was talking about Hawaiian boats, not Hawaiian Powerboats or any of the others that used the name after 1980 when we closed the doors.

Mr. Crusader 83
    Sure looks like an Eliminator to me.

Sure looks like an Eliminator to me.
    They did have the molds.

DeltaSigBoater
    I was talking about Hawaiian boats, not Hawaiian Powerboats or any of the others that used the name after 1980 when we closed the doors.
    I knew that, really I did
    Actually I ment to write Hardin in my first post, but Hawaiian came out, I'll chock it up to a brain fart
    Hallett had a there own variation of the Spectra 19, but I do believe they built there own deck.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast