Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This didn't have to happen

Chico&Zeus
    I just got this email from a woman I know...
    Most nights I sit at my computer upstairs next to the window. This allows me to check any noises I might hear outside.... Last night, I heard what I thought was laughter. (might not have been) pulled up the shade to see three security guards chasing a large dog, probably came to about mid thigh to me. I could tell the dog, as do most dogs being chased, thought it was a game by the way he pranced. But when the security guards closed in around the dog coward down, as do most dogs when they know they have done something wrong. Though I did not see, nor know, what happened before they started to chase the dog, at this point the dog was not being aggressive. A cornered, aggressive dog would have attacked.
    Still being a dog owner, I know you take precaution with dogs. One of the guards tazzered the dog and it went right down. A second guard leaned forward, took his club and beat the dog over his head, striking the dog twice. The first blow alone should have cracked his skull... the tazzer had already immobilized the dog.
    At this time there was a noise somewhere else, and after a quick exchange of words, the third guard took off towards it. I called the police, because to me this was just cruelty. The guards were not equip to handle the dog and should have called animal control. They should not have beat it after it went down.
    The guard that did the tazzering, was on the phone or walkie talkie to someone, people came around and they talked to them.... after about 10 mins they got in their van and took off, leaving the, I believe dead dog laying under the street lamp. About 1/2 hour later, they came back with a pick up truck, put a rope around the left hind leg of the dog and dragged it off..... Did not even have the kindness to pick the dog up and put it in the back of the truck. I don't know how far they dragged the dog, I only prayed that at this time it was dead and called the humane society hot line to report this. They called the police also.
    I did not sleep well last night, kept waking up to make sure my dogs were still with me. I am afraid for them, what if they are in the yard and get out? Or break free of their leash? It is a warning not to let your dogs run free. This dog did not have a collar so of course no tags, so now I will make sure they have their collars on even in the house. Though I am not sure that would have stopped this attack.
    The police did tell me that at this time of night, animal control should have been called. That this is not the way they are trained to handle an animal... But security guards are not police and probably do not have the same training. I don't know. I do know that the "person" who swung that club could not have been an animal lover. That to strike out with that kind of "power" showed a very cruel side. I have never felt so helpless in my life. So please watch your pets closely....

Moneypitt
    Please follow this needless act up to the proper authorities. Those "rent a cops" should be fired, and prosecuted to fullest extent of the law. Minimum wage or not, those jerkoffs think they're cops. Ask around and see if you can find the, now missing, dog's owner.....A little street justice wouldn't hurt either......Morons...........MP

ratso
    Ought to take that club and beat the dumbass "cop" over the head with it...

ratso
    Call the newspaper...

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Was this outside your house/apt? Whoever hires these scums needs to be notified. There is no excuse for that. They'll know who was on that night. I'd let them know that you are calling the authorities. That is a crime and they could go to jail for it.
    MMSW<---feeling a little emotional about dogs right now
    Sorry you witnessed that. That sux.

Old Texan
    I hope you can stay on this and get someone involved that will see these dickheads pay a severe penalty for such a cruel act. The dog sounds like someone's pet if it allowed these pricks to get that close.
    Too many security guards are just unemployable morons.
    Please keep us posted.

Baja Big Dog
    Great details, but poor follow up...do you know who they are? Can you find out? Could you ID them to the cops? (rent a cops are not on the top of most PD's favorite lists). What did the cops do and or say? Did you call the ASPCA?
    This is bull shjit, I hate it when someone screws with a fricken animal, find these guys and let us know who they are, Im sure some HB folks could make there life misriable!!!

RiverDave
    She felt helpless? I don't suppose she coulda walked outside and a simple "what the fock?" woulda put a stop to all of that in about 2 seconds..
    Send her back an e-mail asking her which security company it was? And tell her absolutely to get involved, call the cops, follow up, try to find the owner of the dog. Call the security company talk to management, etc.. etc..
    I can't believe that somebody would stand there and watch all of that happen from a window? Without going outside, or atleast yelling down to them?
    The 3 individuals are sick to say the least, but not doing anything and writing an e-mail about it to "watch your dogs" doesn't exactly smack of stand up principals.
    RD

Her454
    Call the newspaper...
    Best advice ever. I witnessed a horrific act of cruelty to an entire litter of puppies a few years back. Still haunts me that kids would be so vicious. I called the news and reported it...called the authorities and reported it. Was told they would probably never be caught.
    They were.
    You just never know. If you don't do something about it you are just as guilty in my 02.

Wet Dream
    RD is so right (for once ), and the title says it all. This didn't have to happen, if the email creator had any inclination to intervene, this wouldn't be an issue. Instead, the dog is assumed dead because the person was too much of a...damn, I'm really trying to find a word other than pussy, wimp, dumb fock... how about "chicken"...does that work? So this person just sits and watches? Did this person for one second think their own safety was in jeopardy with 3 rent a dorks vs a helpless dog? How about a camera, video or digital? You "friend" failed in protecting this dog. All they can do now is hope to help convict the persons involved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast