Thread: stringers wet

signmaster
    I was wondering if anyone has any clever ideas on how to get rid of the water that gets trapped on the left & right side of my stringers other than sponging it out of my 79 21' southwind?

572Daytona
    I've got bilge pumps on each side of the stringers and one in the middle. I've also seen boats where there is a drain hole in the stringer near the back to drain the water into the center channel. If you go that route you would have to make sure that you've sealed off the wood really well to prevent water getting into the stringers.

WETDAWG
    Signmaster,
    I had the same boat (I think Mini Day cruiser)
    I ended up drilling several holes low in the stringers that took most of it out. In my new eliminator I have 3 pumps
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/98MVC-006L-med.JPG[/img]
    [ May 24, 2003, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: WETDAWG ]

dgie
    I had to replace the transom and re fiberglass the stringers in the engine compartment on my jet boat. I went to Fiberglass Coatings. I think they are out of Florida Ph#(800-272-7890) I went with the epoxy resin instead of polyester, because of its strength. All this information is just in case you need to re fiberglass. They have a good product and were recomended to me and I am passing on the info.

signmaster
    once again thanks for some good advice.yeh that dacruiser loos real simalar to my boat how did you like it? how fastdid it go?