Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: San Francisco (places to stay)

uLtRADeNniS
    What is a nice hotel to stay there? I want something near sight seeing, restaurants, bars and shopping.
    Every time I go to AAA.com and read there feedback and book something I end up at a dump, or next to a freeway.
    Anyone have any feed back?

Aqua Boogie1
    The "W" Hotel is very nice. Also the Hilton Hotel is very nice. They're both right down toward the Piers.

GoCiggie31
    what is your budget? lots of choices.
    As Aqua stated, the W and Hilton(s) are nice hotels. Asian motive the Hotel Nikko My favorite for entertaining is the Omni.
    If your looking for some history the Mark Hopkins or Fairmount or Renaissance Stanford Court and a few others.
    The Sheraton about a block from the fishermans wharf is going through a remodel and 3/4 of the rooms are nice and complete and are very reasonable.
    have fun

gramps
    The closest place I'd stay to San Francisco is Reno................

You have to spend a few bucks to not be in a dive. I like the St Regis but it's very expensive. I think rooms were around $325 a night last time I was there.
    Anything for less that $150 will be a dive imo.

uLtRADeNniS
    what is your budget? lots of choices.
    As Aqua stated, the W and Hilton(s) are nice hotels. Asian motive the Hotel Nikko My favorite for entertaining is the Omni.
    If your looking for some history the Mark Hopkins or Fairmount or Renaissance Stanford Court and a few others.
    The Sheraton about a block from the fishermans wharf is going through a remodel and 3/4 of the rooms are nice and complete and are very reasonable.
    have fun
    A pretty moderate budget. Nothing too fancy like a Ritz Carlton, but nothing at all trashy, like a motel 6.LOL A few bills a night is what I'm looking to spend. Its for me and my girlfriend to just kinda get away. We want a quite weekend. Maybe do a little sight seeing, shopping, go to to few nice restaurants and maybe a few mellow bars. I was hoping to be in good area so that we can taxi everywhere or walk. I've never been there and just need some recommendations on where to stay and where to eat. AAA and all those other sites are crap. Just want a layed back weekend.

LaveyJet
    Our favorite place is the Hilton Union Square, walking distance to shopping and Cable Cars. Check out TripAdvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch...ay=11&adults=2)for feed back.

GoCiggie31
    A pretty moderate budget. Nothing too fancy like a Ritz Carlton, but nothing at all trashy, like a motel 6.LOL A few bills a night is what I'm looking to spend. Its for me and my girlfriend to just kinda get away. We want a quite weekend. Maybe do a little sight seeing, shopping, go to to few nice restaurants and maybe a few mellow bars. I was hoping to be in good area so that we can taxi everywhere or walk. I've never been there and just need some recommendations on where to stay and where to eat. AAA and all those other sites are crap. Just want a layed back weekend.
    The Sheraton at Fishermans wharf just remodeled many of the rooms and is < $200. Make sure you ask for the remodeled units...also add your room tax, tax on the tax and your parking at 40 per day.
    out in the union square dist and financial area as stated above...plan on +300 per night. Also as stated, watch out for the dumps, there are plenty that have little or no value...
    have fun

ULTRA26 # 1
    Scoma's used to be a great place to eat. At the Wharf

mjc
    I last stayed in the in the King George Hotel last time i was up there and I would go back. It's right on Union Square and I could walk to everything I needed to get to for a quiet weekend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast