Thread: Berk teflon nozzle O-rings

JayBee
    When did Berkeley add the O-ring to seal the steering nozzles? Mine did not have one, nor did it have the groove for one. I bought a Berk jetovator that does use the O-rings, and it seems too tight when you try to install it. Is there that much preload on the O-rings? Or is my bowl not machined deep enough to work with the O-rings?
    Jason

Hal
    If you can get both the pins in you should be fine.It will loosen up a little.

1tricky1
    JayBee:
    When did Berkeley add the O-ring to seal the steering nozzles? Mine did not have one, nor did it have the groove for one. I bought a Berk jetovator that does use the O-rings, and it seems too tight when you try to install it. Is there that much preload on the O-rings? Or is my bowl not machined deep enough to work with the O-rings?
    Jason You should have to use a rubber mallet to fit the nozzle to the bowl. If it were to slide in and out to easy you would have a......uh, worn out bowl or extension, and would have too much leakage past the nozzle. (I tried to keep this rated G)

JayBee
    I can get one pin easy enough. On the other side I need another 1/8" even when pushing in on the nozzle. I didn't spend much time on it - was getting late. I was quite pleased with the way the pump went together, though. I machined the impeller myself, and used Duane's ultimate wear ring and rebuild kit. Ended up with perfect clearances (.025") and it spins nice and smooth. Can't wait to try both the new impeller cut and the jetovator!
    Thanks!
    Jason

PLACECRAFT20
    MINE FIT TIGHT AND WAS HARD TO GET THE PINS IN BUT, IT IS LOOSENIG UP OVER TIME.

im in dier need of an old teflon ring for the end of my diverter(not the round one the thinner one)! the end that fits in the left/right housing. can anyone help me out with some info? place diverter does not sell the older rings!

PLACECRAFT20
    rex marine has them all. give them a call

thank yuo much!!!!! boxed

VanDeano
    I made my own. Went to Home Depot and bought some teflon tubing.
    The same type you would use for the water line that hooks to your fridge (ice maker).
    Then I put the teflon through some rubber hose that was slightly bigger then the teflon (surgical hose)
    Ill post a picture if I can figure how to. Believe or not, but my home made jobber works better then the original $20 ring.

[ June 28, 2003, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: VanDeano ]